DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Synthetic and Virtual aviation of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

Vlerkies
Engine Run ups
Closest Airfield: Virginia KZN

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Unread postby Vlerkies » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 pm

This one has been a few years in the making.
Available for pre-purchase but not live just yet.

Eagle Dynamics SA and Belsimtek are excited to announce that DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is now available for pre-purchase!

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will be the most authentic and detailed simulation we have ever developed, and it will use our unique CFD engine and aerodynamics developed by Belsimtek to create the most realistic flight dynamics possible. Based on exhaustive research in association with Boeing, our Hornet takes advantage of our newly developed simulation engine and it will set a new benchmark for PC flight simulation.

The Hornet is a true multi-role fighter that can switch from attacking surface targets to engaging air targets with the press of a button. Equally at home on an aircraft carrier or airfield, the Hornet is equipped with a large suite of sensors that include radar, target pod, and a helmet mounted sight. In addition to its internal 20mm cannon, the Hornet can be armed with large assortment of unguided bombs and rockets, laser- and -GPS-guided bombs, air-to-surface missiles of all sorts, and both radar- and infrared-guided air-to-air missiles.

DCS World provides the most rich and authentic digital battlefield for the Hornet to fly in.

Key Features of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet:

Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic Flight Control System (FCS)
Realistic model of the F/A-18C, down to each bolt
Detailed simulation of the Hornet’s many systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more
Inertial and GPS navigation systems with moving map display
Virtually all the weapons and sensors that a mid-2000s US Navy F/A-18C operates
Highly realistic cockpit that is mouse interactive
Spin recovery system
Authentic Hornet sounds with assistance from Boeing
New effects like over-wing vapor
Virtual Reality support
Multiple liveries

During the Early Access period, the following items will be added to DCS: F/A-18C Hornet:

New and updated sensors to include air-to-ground radar, additional air-to-air radar modes, Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), Link-16 Datalink, and targeting pod.
New weapons such as Harpoon, HARM, Shrike, Maverick, JSOW and SLAM, SLAM-ER missiles, Walleye, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, sea mines, fire bombs, TALD decoys, and AIM-9X and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles.
Additional display pages like the Situational Awareness, Flight Performance Advisory System, and Automatic Carrier Landing pages.
Pre-purchase now for $59.99 and save $20 from the Early Access release price of $79.99. We plan Early Access DCS: F/A-18C Hornet to be available for download by the end of Spring 2018.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... 3d453.html
There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
— Douglas Adams
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Re: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Unread postby Christo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Hulle ruk nou fokken die dam onder die eend uit met hulle pryse!! $80 vir 'n module?!?!? Flippen R992!!!

Ek dink nie ek moet 'n audit dien op my dcs modules nie. Sal nie goed wees vir die hart nie.

Moet bieg ek is naby aan cutting daai cord ook. Reeds die fsx/P3D een afgesny en mis dit nie regtig nie.

Speel deesdae baie lekker Elite en maak nou baie geld daarin.
Due to the price increase in ammunition, do not expect a warning shot.
Vlerkies
Engine Run ups

Unread postby Vlerkies » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Christo wrote:
Ek dink nie ek moet 'n audit dien op my dcs modules nie. Sal nie goed wees vir die hart nie.

No kidding there, I bought it on pre-order for 59, I dont think that module will be on special any time soon after release. They put way to much effort into it.

The only thing I fly a lot of is IL2 Cliffs of Dover, now the new Blitz edition.
I still buy the DCS modules that interest me and enjoy to go for a free flight or quick nasty mission now and again.
There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

— Douglas Adams
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread postby Christo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Bit concerned about timelines here. I think it's going to be a looooong time before we will see a a-g radar initial release also only dumb bombs.
Vlerkies
Engine Run ups

Unread postby Vlerkies » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:14 am

— Douglas Adams
Christo
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread postby Christo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:41 am

Bought the blerrie thing. Would prob not get it cheaper as now with the R/$ what it is right now and the discount.

Who with Warthogs are going to get the Hornet Stick upgrade?
Vlerkies
Engine Run ups

Unread postby Vlerkies » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Christo wrote:Who with Warthogs are going to get the Hornet Stick upgrade?

Well I wasnt, maar nou maak jy kak :lol:

— Douglas Adams

Return to “Virtual Aviation”