Cemair

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

Peter John
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Johannesburg Internationa

Re: Cemair

Unread postby Peter John » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Burner wrote:
Mauler wrote:
Burner wrote:Miles I'm genuinely glad (as I've mentioned a few times on this thread), that you guys are getting this sorted properly (regardless of how warranted or unwarranted the CAA's actions were).

And just how does grounding an entire airline and pulling the AMO's licence because of some obscure question about a qualification to swing a compass amount to "getting this sorted properly"?

Please explain clearly so that lawyers and non-lawyers can understand.

Take your time.

Mauler not sure why you feel the need to come after every single person who doesn't join your lynch mob. My comments were based directly on an article on news24 6 Feb, where it mentions:

CemAir confirmed that a meeting was held with the Regulator, the SACAA on Saturday. It says the meeting was constructive and resulted in agreement of the steps required to resolve the matter.

"Both organisations would commit the necessary resources to expedite the action items and processes needed to achieve a resumption of service," says the airline.

http://www.traveller24.com/News/Flights/update-passengers-get-anxious-as-cemair-flights-are-suspended-for-fifth-day-20180206

The above is actual info, not rumours or hearsay. This is what I based my statement on.

The question is, has the CAA moved the goal posts now for Cemair or are things just moving very slowly?

Or, possibly more evidence...??

Flightline Charter Services: 1999, 2001 and 2002 ring any bells, linked to the saying regarding a leopard not changing it's spots?!?

The Captain and thereafter all "relevant others" will end up in court, along with SACAA for "not doing their jobs" should something occur
and it trickles up ONLY to a point. Insurance companies will spend hundreds of thousands to disapprove and avoid paying out the millions insured..and who suffers the most?? Average Joe.
Richard007
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: FAGG

Unread postby Richard007 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Clearly Peter John is K P.

Flightline Charter Services had an accident in 1999. The stuff in 2002 is the outcome of the 1999 accident. Not sure what you are refering to in 2001.

Not sure the rest of the post makes much sense. Are you now an insurance expert too?
dakota
Preflighting

Unread postby dakota » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 pm

:D
Last edited by dakota on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HJK 414
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: EHTW

Unread postby HJK 414 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm

To be clear ....

I have no link to - interest in or any association with Cemair - and or Miles vd Molen.
I do have a direct - informed - information stream that has assured me that this Cemair saga is more than it appears and certainly part personal and part political, (some are looking for a stick to hit the dog)
If there are real issues with Cemair's AMO - we will find out ....in due course - and / or they will be resolved. Whether it justified the grounding ?? - Lawyers will fight that one in a courtroom .....

What I find disgusting is the constant stream of reference to events that took place close to 20 years ago....
This stream of personal slurs and finger pointing ......

If you are a disgruntled (ex)-employee - get a life - move on - this only makes you a pathetic individual.
If you are CAA - start doing your job - try to take some pride (if you still have any) and stop playing the man.
And if you have no direct interest in this case - you are beyond help - and I hope to God that you are never in charge of an aircraft.

JK
Can the magic of Flight ever be carried by words ....
LBR
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Fact

Unread postby LBR » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm

=D>
ACE MAN
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKT+VHHH

Unread postby ACE MAN » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:52 pm

JK , I am with you on this one. Even though the operations of years ago are close to my heart , I do believe they are not close or relevant to being discussed alongside the current operation of Cemair, which would not have been offered an AOC if it were the case, also being IATA audited and vetted being found acceptable , makes Cemair as permittable an airline as any other in SA. In the current CAA dealings with Cemair regarding the maintenance issue is no different to that of SAX a year or so ago. If it was a simple oversight, ie a maintenance engineer who’s signature credentials had lapsed or needed renewing , would it not be more sensible to offer a weeks grace or so to the operator to rectify that error, or at least be clear that that is the issue for grounding? But the mudslinging and skullduggery is not really pertaining or fitting.
IITYWTMWYBMAD
Nomakhanjani
¯¯VAF¯¯
Peter John
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Johannesburg Internationa

Unread postby Peter John » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Richard007 wrote:Clearly Peter John is K P.

Flightline Charter Services had an accident in 1999. The stuff in 2002 is the outcome of the 1999 accident. Not sure what you are refering to in 2001.

Not sure the rest of the post makes much sense. Are you now an insurance expert too?

No, not KP, just informed. Been there, but thrilled with where I am now.

You Richard, and the following poster are clueless. Take 5 mins to read what occured on those dates relating to the company mentioned above, as well as the related CAA reports, then tie them up with CAA's current stance. If you cannot see the common thread, then I hope you are not commercial aviators.
Swartbok
Finals (unmanned) for a Full Stop
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Unread postby Swartbok » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 am

Sorry JK, but for the sake of amusement here
HJK 414 wrote:To be clear ....

I have no link to - interest in or any association with Cemair - and or Miles vd Molen.....................................................

And if you have no direct interest in this case - you are beyond help - and I hope to God that you are never in charge of an aircraft.

JK

#-o
Maybe a fourth option of, if your a staunch supporter of MvdM none the les then ..................
Flying is like sex. I've never had all I wanted but occasionally I've had all I could stand.
ian16th
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Margate

Unread postby ian16th » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:55 pm

cage
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread postby cage » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Have to love when the media write a story about some other media's story.
That's how facts are born.
happyskipper
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FQNC

Unread postby happyskipper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Last edited by happyskipper on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:roll:
"There are no new ways to crash airplanes"
Mauler
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: Vans

Unread postby Mauler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Clearly a planned smear campaign. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smear_campaign
GL
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread postby GL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 am

Any news at all about when the restoration of CofAs to the fleet might begin - or finish?
Uncommon wisdom:
The grand essentials to happiness in this life are:
• someone to love,
• something to do,
• and something to hope for

Guy Leitch
happyskipper
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FQNC

Unread postby happyskipper » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 am

Last edited by happyskipper on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:roll:
"There are no new ways to crash airplanes"
cage
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread postby cage » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 am

GL wrote:Any news at all about when the restoration of CofAs to the fleet might begin - or finish?

Not before they have been certified as an AMO, something that doesn't sound quick nor easy.

Return to “Airline Chatter”