Girlfriend wants to get into the hobby.

Your models for sale or wanted. Posts with no movement after 120 days are deleted.
No commercial adverts please. If you wish to advertise in the commercial models section as above email: ads@avcom.co.za

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
No commercial adverts please (If your intended post is of a commercial nature, then please follow this link and read BEFORE you post : viewtopic.php?t=54617). If you wish to advertise in the commercial models section: - email ads@avcom.co.za
shaun1994
Engine Started
Closest Airfield: CRF _ Wild Clover Farm

Girlfriend wants to get into the hobby.

Unread postby shaun1994 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi

I'm trying to find a trainer for my girlfriend who wants to start the hobby.
I have not flown a trainer in so long I don't know which ones are a easy,slow and cheap.

She likes all the ugly planes , haha ... no seriously if she says oh wow thats ugly I want it (I prefer my warbirds like my spitfire)
but I'm not going to buy her an expensive Corsair for a starter, as you know ... VROOOOOOM ... PLONK, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I prefer that she learns on a stable plane new or 2nd hand, just so that she can get the feeling.

Im from Cape Town

If you have a trainer (in Cape Area) you would be willing to part with send me a pm.

Her transmitter she has is a FlySky FS-i6 (She likes it cause it fits in her hands)

My proficiency rank: Silver Wing
RC Flying years: 10+
SWC ~ RC PILOT ,SAMAA REG. 2037 ~ Proficiency- Silver Fixed wing

My Aircraft: .61 Spitfire//.61 CAP 232// Sentimental .46 Vmar APACHE II

TX :Spektrum DX6i 2008/2009 model

~With Rc Planes, it's not if you will crash but when~ :wink:
Advertisement
charleyza
Circuit re-established
Closest Airfield: Virgina

Re: Girlfriend wants to get into the hobby.

Unread postby charleyza » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Upgrade her to wife!!
Just Fly! :P
Dobo
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Shongweni

Unread postby Dobo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:38 pm

So, She likes something "Second Hand, Slow, and Ugly".

Definitely worth the Upgrade to wife :D :D

--- Sorry, couldn't resist ---
Dobo - "Just Plane Crazy"
shaun1994
Engine Started

Unread postby shaun1994 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Haha, she likes planes her father is a private pilot with a CT and Slings (She even helped her dad put a sling together)

We have been together 3 years now in (2 years living together) aircraft standing the whole house full and she hasn't complained so yeah she is a keeper XP

Oomgert
Stall training

Unread postby Oomgert » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi

A suggestion:

E flight Timber, very easy flyer, slow takes of in 5 feet lands in 8 feet , Flaps for super slow landings nice nav lights and big wheels also set Floats for the water. fun for you too, I fly everything including Turbines but for fun the timber is always there.

Also consider the E flight Valiant or Discovery, Cant go wrong with any of those
shaun1994
Engine Started

Unread postby shaun1994 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Oomgert wrote:Hi

A suggestion:

E flight Timber, very easy flyer, slow takes of in 5 feet lands in 8 feet , Flaps for super slow landings nice nav lights and big wheels also set Floats for the water. fun for you too, I fly everything including Turbines but for fun the timber is always there.

Also consider the E flight Valiant or Discovery, Cant go wrong with any of those

thanks will defs have a look at it :)

Tailslide
Priming
Closest Airfield: Potchefstroom

Unread postby Tailslide » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 pm

The ST Discovery trainer is definitely worth a look
Ricoby
< than 500' looking for landing in case
Closest Airfield: Lephalale Airport

Unread postby Ricoby » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 am

Can you post some pics of her? I might have a trainer I would be willing to swop for her. Can she iron covering?
Unplanned 3D landings are not always fun....
Spektrum DX18 Gen 1 Limited Edition
35% Pilot RC Yak 54 DLE 111cc
DJI Phantom 3 Professional
26% Edge 540 32cc RCGF
Spacewalker .46
Mach Racer .47
Bunch of electrics
shaun1994
Engine Started

Unread postby shaun1994 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:52 am

Ricoby wrote:Can you post some pics of her? I might have a trainer I would be willing to swop for her. Can she iron covering?

Hahaha XP no plane is worth her :mrgreen:

she does says she wants to build a rc plane for me :lol: (i dont have the patience so I just buy ARF)

Trex600
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread postby Trex600 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 am

Tailslide wrote:The ST Discovery trainer is definitely worth a look

100% agree there =D> =D> =D> They also take punishment too.
shaun1994 wrote:Haha, she likes planes her father is a private pilot with a CT and Slings (She even helped her dad put a sling together)

We have been together 3 years now in (2 years living together) aircraft standing the whole house full and she hasn't complained so yeah she is a keeper XP

Can I have her :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......... as she is like an uncut diamond very hard to find bud. Polish her and keep her, if you let her get away you can just as well give up flying too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you get her airbourne soon bud :D :D :D :D OH she deserves to get a new trainer too, what do others say here =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Align Trex600's, Nitro, O.S.Max, Petrol Motor's Only DLE 30-55-111-120, Mintor38cc. Gold Wing 100cc Edge 540T, 100% JR XG11, No Contest,No Regrets. Build,Fly,Have fun.
shaun1994
Engine Started

Unread postby shaun1994 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 am

Trex600 wrote:

shaun1994 wrote:Haha, she likes planes her father is a private pilot with a CT and Slings (She even helped her dad put a sling together)

Can I have her :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......... as she is like an uncut diamond very hard to find bud. Polish her and keep her, if you let her get away you can just as well give up flying too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you get her airbourne soon bud :D :D :D :D OH she deserves to get a new trainer too, what do others say here =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol thanks man XD yeah we have been going out 3 years now :mrgreen: I prefer flying my warbirds and aerobatics (My spitfire and CAP 232) trainers are yeah... to train I only have one trainer and its sentimental , it belonged to my uncle who passed.

Trex600
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread postby Trex600 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:12 am

shaun1994 wrote:
Trex600 wrote:

Lol thanks man XD yeah we have been going out 3 years now :mrgreen: I prefer flying my warbirds and aerobatics (My spitfire and CAP 232) trainers are yeah... to train I only have one trainer and its sentimental , it belonged to my uncle who passed.

Just put her on a BUDDY-BOX, if you fly warbirds and aerobatic stuff whats wrong with you dude. I'm sure you can handle her on a Buddy-box.... =D> =D> =D> =D> OH first marry her before you teach her to fly as she might fly off =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Align Trex600's, Nitro, O.S.Max, Petrol Motor's Only DLE 30-55-111-120, Mintor38cc. Gold Wing 100cc Edge 540T, 100% JR XG11, No Contest,No Regrets. Build,Fly,Have fun.
shaun1994
Engine Started

Unread postby shaun1994 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:18 am

Trex600 wrote:
shaun1994 wrote:
Trex600 wrote:100% agree there =D> =D> =D> They also take punishment too.

Just put her on a BUDDY-BOX, if you fly warbirds and aerobatic stuff whats wrong with you dude. I'm sure you can handle her on a Buddy-box.... =D> =D> =D> =D> OH first marry her before you teach her to fly as she might fly off =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might have a silver wing, but doesnt mean i'm a good teacher + i bought one of those new wireless budy boxes that you can use any TX with eachother but for the life of me I can not figure out how it works

Essjay
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Lanseria

Unread postby Essjay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:20 am

Hi Shaun

You may be interested in my Sportsman 45H Trainer and matched Super Tigre 60 - both new in boxes

Check out viewtopic.php?f=31&t=199714&p=1896361#p1896361

Regards

Stephen
Vesparado
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Malmesbury

Unread postby Vesparado » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

Discovery Trainer
E- Flite Apprentice

Both Excellent

ves :mrgreen:
I say,Fly It like you stole it!

Return to “Model Personal Classifieds”