Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

paulw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom

Re: Farm attacks

Unread postby paulw » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:....and the open hostility you see in partymint when "expropriation without compensation" is discussed....

This was very specifically mentioned this afternoon during the NEC media session for those who watched it.
It was mentioned that it is still going to happen Zuma or no Zuma.

They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
Marius Schrenk
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home

Unread postby Marius Schrenk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm

paulw wrote:
Marius Schrenk wrote:....and the open hostility you see in partymint when "expropriation without compensation" is discussed....

This was very specifically mentioned this afternoon during the NEC media session for those who watched it.

Communists has always been known to "give away" things that do not belong to them....then later when there is nothing more to give away (because everyone dis invested)like in Venezuela....and everyone is equally dirt poor and hungry....they ask "How did this happen"? #-o :twisted:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo

Unread postby Whirly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 pm

paulw wrote:

Under Zuma they would have come at night while you were sleeping, under Cyril they are going to come through the front door in the middle of the day. That is the only difference. 8-[ :roll:

Whirly.
Jacobus Adriaan
(FSS,SSAW,NSC)
Of all things in life I have lost,I think I miss my mind the most!!
One of very few people never to have posted anything under the "NO" topic!!
I live by Hook's law........he said Murphy was an optimist!!
paulw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread postby paulw » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:The question is "who cares what any of us believe"?......its the farmers and their families lives....and livelihood that's in question.....if one look at the governments "help" to farmers in times of great crises like the current drought....and the open hostility you see in partymint when "expropriation without compensation" is discussed....the signs is as clear as daylight. When last did any of you take a person to the police station and asked to open a case of "entering without approval"? :twisted:

It must be very stress full being a farmer.
Expropriation of farms
Farm murders
Drought
animal/crop diseases, etc, etc

How do you guys manage :shock:

SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread postby SNIPER » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 pm

paulw wrote:
Marius Schrenk wrote:The question is "who cares what any of us believe"?......its the farmers and their families lives....and livelihood that's in question.....if one look at the governments "help" to farmers in times of great crises like the current drought....and the open hostility you see in partymint when "expropriation without compensation" is discussed....the signs is as clear as daylight. When last did any of you take a person to the police station and asked to open a case of "entering without approval"? :twisted:

Expropriation of farms
Farm murders
Drought

Most of us don't have a choice its not only your work but your home aswell. The market for selling farms is dead so what can you do. Alot of farmers are morgaged to the hilt so can't really get out. We are fortunate to have very little debt on the farm but even then if you sell were to go and what to do is no easy task.
Barry Wolmarans
Marius Schrenk
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home

Unread postby Marius Schrenk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm

SNIPER wrote:
paulw wrote:

Expropriation of farms
Farm murders
Drought

Most of us don't have a choice its not only your work but your home aswell. The market for selling farms is dead so what can you do. Alot of farmers are morgaged to the hilt so can't really get out. We are fortunate to have very little debt on the farm but even then if you sell were to go and what to do is no easy task.

and To boot SARS would hit you with 30-36% on CGT......which leaves you with nothing(.after you repaid the banks) As Sniper said we are pretty much trapped....what the cANCer does not realize is they are getting slaves for free....on their own risk...to produce cheap food for the country....and gain export $......but they want to slaughter the goose that lay the golden eggs. #-o :twisted: DIA
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
Mouser
Mags On
Closest Airfield: King Shaka

Unread postby Mouser » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:00 am

Ja Marius CGT. I'm going to a tax consultant this month because I suspect that if I sell due to the pressures mentioned, I cannot even buy the equivalent set up somewhere else as CGT will gobble up a good (well, bad) percentage. And the farm is my major asset; I don't really have RA's, pensions etc etc.
paulw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread postby paulw » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:33 am

What happens if you have a mortgage on the farm and the state take it with a lands right claim. Lets say they do compensate you (with chances in the future they won't), do they look at your mortgage and repay/write off that as well or is that your own baby and may get too little to repay the mortgage?

What happened so far with other farmers?

SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread postby SNIPER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Just wish more farmers will become prepared.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry Wolmarans
SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread postby SNIPER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Legal theft
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barry Wolmarans
SNIPER
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread postby SNIPER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Interesting comment this from a very learned black gentleman

"Ace is probably behind the latest BLF threat to unleash a "race" war in SA if Jacob Zuma is removed and if he is to face charges. Ace certainly has been fanning this approach because the BLF were using paraphrases of everything that he said in KZN. Ace and Jessie clearly are forwarding the interests of a Faction and attacking CR and the other 50% of the ANC. Effectively there are two different parties in the same skin. Ace and cronies like Zuma are prepared to destroy the ANC for their own interests and to totally destablise South Africa. The BLF's thinly disguised threat to engage in violence and killing has upped the tempo today and Ace Magashule, Jessie Duarte and Zuma must take responsibility for this new turn of events."
Barry Wolmarans
Jack Welles
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread postby Jack Welles » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:47 am

Brave farmer ...

"I was beaten up with a crowbar, have broken bones, was rolled up into a carpet and left for dead in my home."

back.jpg

Back said the vicious attack hadn't left him bitter.

"I want it to be known that this attack was not politically divisive in any way, but that these were just three common gangsters motivated by their own self-interests," he said.

"I believe in the values that this country was built on, and continue to hope for harmony and peace. I am now doubly motivated to come into work every day, and will continue to ensure that I can contribute and try make even the smallest difference in my community."

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News ... k-20180214

This from a farmer that's actually been a victim and subjected to a brutal attack ...

Not everyone believes in the conspiracy (or it's organised or whatever to avoid the "c" word) theory.

It's interesting that there's such divergent views on this aspect of the problem.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDHKH20
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
paulw
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread postby paulw » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:03 am

There is bound to be at least three different reasons for attacks rather than three different views why the attacks occur.

1. Just plain low life criminal events
2. revenge (farmer owe money to worker, etc) It happens , I know of at least one case in De Wildt area.
3. politically motivated to get whites to leave farms, etc.

And not only whites get attacked and murdered. Apparently 40% are non-whites and 60% whites who get attacked/murdered.

Jack Welles
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread postby Jack Welles » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:15 am

paulw wrote:There is bound to be at least three different reasons for attacks rather than three different views why the attacks occur.

1. Just plain low life criminal events
2. revenge (farmer owe money to worker, etc) It happens , I know of at least one case in De Wildt area.
3. politically motivated to get whites to leave farms, etc.

And not only whites get attacked and murdered. Apparently 40% are non-whites and 60% whites who get attacked/murdered.

FWIW, that makes sense to me (although obviously I'm in the group that's not yet convinced by no 3). Many of the posts seem to imply that all attacks are no 3, which is what makes me wonder about the motivations behind the posts, as well.

But given the scenario outlined by you (including no 3) it shows how difficult it must be to come up with a comprehensive plan to get the better of the situation.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDHKH20
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
heinrich
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: EGSX

Unread postby heinrich » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am

Nothing wrong with that list, but have to admit I would put 1 and 2 together as both fall into the category of "opportunistic" crime for want of a better word. (Ek is Afrikaans onthou.) Not necessarily that well planned or premeditated. Unlike the more organised groups of attackers.

So that leaves 2 groups, exactly like we've mentioned before. So nothing new then really.

For what it's worth, if I have to pick a place to go farm, it'll be in the Western Cape. Personally I think it leans towards the 'safest' provinces in terms of farm attacks compared to Mpumalanga and the other northern provinces. In fact I think the stats probably pale in comparison. But no doubt the educated here will pull that one apart.

Return to “123.45”