Moderator: Moderators

Rotor kop
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo

Help needed with GC billing please

Unread post by Rotor kop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 am

Hello,
I need to speak to someone who can actually sort out this nonsense. We get mails every month with invoices for ZS-RJJ. The also send to the old owners address. The problem I have is that before December 2017 RJJ never landed at GC once. It is currently there for a rebuild at Superior for the first time. A while ago I called them and enquired why we where getting these invoices and claims that our account was in arrears - the lady who helped me sounded helpful and assured me that the problem had been corrected (it was another aircraft that was responsible), anyway we still continue to get these things and I am getting to the end of my tether.

Is anyone able to assist?

Regards
Charles
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
cage
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Re: Help needed with GC billing please

Unread post by cage » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 am

Just go see them, they aren't the fastest but generally do the right thing.
We have had a fair amount of mistakes on bills in the past.
Older errors sometimes occurred because of similar registrations but with a ZU or ZT prefix.
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo

Unread post by Whirly » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 am

After about ten years they stop sending bills! :roll: I had an issue with Rand that dragged on for years after it was "fixed" for the umpteenth time. Later on I just chucked them in the bin as they arrived, must have cost them a bundle to send them to me over the years.

On the other hand, Sara at Wonderboom is quite jacked-up. :D

Whirly.
Jacobus Adriaan
(FSS,SSAW,NSC)
Of all things in life I have lost,I think I miss my mind the most!!
One of very few people never to have posted anything under the "NO" topic!!
I live by Hook's law........he said Murphy was an optimist!!
cage
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by cage » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 am

If they think you owe them money they will refuse to fuel you until it's sorted.
Segg
See Helicopter in the distance
Closest Airfield: FAGM

Unread post by Segg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Speak to John Schutte from Admin, he's answered my emails from the below address

accounts at grandcentral dot co dot za
what goes around, comes around.
Ray W
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo

Unread post by Ray W » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Rotor kop wrote:Hello,
I need to speak to someone who can actually sort out this nonsense. We get mails every month with invoices for ZS-RJJ. The also send to the old owners address. The problem I have is that before December 2017 RJJ never landed at GC once. It is currently there for a rebuild at Superior for the first time. A while ago I called them and enquired why we where getting these invoices and claims that our account was in arrears - the lady who helped me sounded helpful and assured me that the problem had been corrected (it was another aircraft that was responsible), anyway we still continue to get these things and I am getting to the end of my tether.

Regards
Charles
Try speaking to Sarah - she's the general manager
Old age & treachery will triumph over youth & skill
Rotor kop
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:34 pm

cage wrote:If they think you owe them money they will refuse to fuel you until it's sorted.
I do not need their fuel. they must just sort their nonsense out and not make it my problem.
Rotor kop
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Ray W wrote:
Rotor kop wrote:Hello,

Regards
Charles
Try speaking to Sarah - she's the general manager
Thanks Oom Ray - I think I will stop by them tomorrow.
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKR

Unread post by Pete » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:11 pm

The only airport that charges passenger Tax for test flights, doing a few circuits with two rated pilots. [-X [-X

Spoke to Sarah and she was understanding but said that is was a management decision that all single engine aircraft including helicopters were only allowed a pilot.. no crew :roll: :roll:

When there are fish in a barrel, the greedy shoot them.. soon there will be no more fish :evil: [-X
Ryan Beeton
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by Ryan Beeton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Also get weird and wonderful accounts from this lot when my aircraft was not even in the province.......

Landing fees for an RV at R 371?

Absolutely pathetic accounting service.
Carpe Diem
cage
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by cage » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Ryan Beeton wrote:Also get weird and wonderful accounts from this lot when my aircraft was not even in the province.......

Problems usually from the tower incorrectly capturing details
Tim
HASSELL checks

Unread post by Tim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 pm

cage wrote:
Ryan Beeton wrote:Also get weird and wonderful accounts from this lot when my aircraft was not even in the province.......

Problems usually from the tower incorrectly capturing details
I find the same. And the tower is run by ATNS. But yes, the movement records are often wrong. In particular over this past festive season. Not sure what happened 'up there'.
ddevos
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAVV

Unread post by ddevos » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 am

Sounds very much like SANRAL at work here, for instance the farmer in the Cape getting an account for his tractor and also my mother-in-law getting an account for her Hilux which has never been further than 90km away from Humansdorp.
Dirk de Vos

If you don't gear up your brain before takeoff, you'll probably gear up your airplane on landing.
Rotor kop
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 am

ddevos wrote:

Sounds very much like SANRAL at work here, for instance the farmer in the Cape getting an account for his tractor and also my mother-in-law getting an account for her Hilux which has never been further than 90km away from Humansdorp.
I also initially thought someone had cloned my reg but when i asked to see video footage she said that it was an admin fault on their side.
Tim
HASSELL checks

Overflight Fees (new)

Unread post by Tim » Wed May 02, 2018 8:32 pm

It appears that FAGC have recently added "Overflight Fees" to their price list, and have started billing for it. It is R184.00 incl VAT, and - while it doesn't explain on their website http://grandcentral.co.za/fees.cfm - it basically is charged to anybody speaking to FAGC ATC without actually landing there.

I suppose it is levied at all those who fly across their control zone, be it from North to South, or using the Pinedene VFR Route, or go to Wonderboom via Shell Ultra City and Waterkloof airspace.

Is anybody aware of this, and do you know how this came about, how this was 'approved'? While I understand that airports can charge landing fees maybe as they feel fit, and I understand that control zones are created around busy airports to facilitate safe movements around those airports, I wonder where the right comes from to charge users of such controlled airspaces, even if they don't use the airport.

I always thought that a control zone gives the underlying airport the right to control traffic in that zone, even to deny entry (e.g., if they can't read you on the radio, or if you don't have a TPX), all in the interest of aviation safety. But to now collect air-tolls from people using their air? I might be mistaken, but last time I passed through Waterkloof, Lanseria, Johannesburg or Wonderboom airspace, I didn't get billed for that? Will this now become the new thing?

I am also not sure who actually charges: Yes, we get billed by Grand Central Airport. But is in the end ATNS charging (and Grand Central just passing on the charges)? Or has GCA has the 'franchise' to charge us aviators (while GCA might just pay ATNS by the hour to staff the tower)?

Lastly, can GCA/ATNS create fees and set prices at will, or is there any sort of consultation or even government approval process involved (like also an Eskom has to apply to a regulator before increasing electricity prices)?
Last edited by Tim on Thu May 03, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”