Importing goods ...here is good service !!

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

Jean Crous
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASX
Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 78 times

Importing goods ...here is good service !!

Unread post by Jean Crous » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:39 pm

There is a member here on Avcom that works for a shipping company, and has given us more than we bargained for in service. We have used a few shipping companies in the past, none came close to this man. We ordered some parts from Revmaster Aviation in USA , 2 weeks later it was cleared at Customs, and delivered by courier here in Barrydale. The same with a new engine on order from Revmaster, he organised such a competitive rate , and the best part is the price is the same whether we collect in Cape Town , or if the couriers drop it off at our factory here in Barrydale.
Contact Julian Scholtemeyer on 083 321 4547 or Email jscholtemeyer@gmail.com
Jean.
PS mods I am not punting for this man, rather I wish to share this info so that others can also benefit from it.
Last edited by Jean Crous on Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
Suppliers of Nitrate, Butyrate, adhesive, Fabric.
New front seat solo Cubby Renegade
Cell : 072 6716 240
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Airlou
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: FAFB
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Importing goods ...here is good service !!

Unread post by Airlou » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:27 am

Thanks for the info, appreciate..
IMO it's a good practice to promote good service on this forum, personally myself and the company may benefit from this one ...the problem is will we indulge in exposing unacceptable service...
Koenie Otto
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: George
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Koenie Otto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:14 am

Importing parts or goods is one of those dreaded things that sometimes have to be done. If one dont deal with it regularly, it is quite daunting as the rules change regularly with import tax, levies etc.
This task has been made painless by Julian from the above company. What a pleasure dealing with competent efficient people! I will definitely make use of their services again should the need arise.
Koenie Otto
Pilot Dreamer
Straight and Level
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Pilot Dreamer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 am

Koenie Otto wrote:Importing parts or goods is one of those dreaded things that sometimes have to be done. If one dont deal with it regularly, it is quite daunting as the rules change regularly with import tax, levies etc.
This task has been made painless by Julian from the above company. What a pleasure dealing with competent efficient people! I will definitely make use of their services again should the need arise.
Koenie Otto
Baie dankie Koenie! Dit was 'n plesier om jou te kon help.
Julian
Based in Somerset West
Zack Afro
Tripped over wheel chock
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Zack Afro » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:28 am

When importing goods it is mostly from Amazon in the US. They make use of aramax for all their importing and shipping of goods. So far I have only had great service and great pricing. I have ordered about 7 or 8 packages so far. Usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. Im sure you can use aramax directly as well to bring in stuff that is not from Amazon. So there are a couple of options out there.
Jean Crous
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASX
Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Jean Crous » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:56 am

I would also like to mention that Julian has handled the export of an aircraft for us to the UK. He organized the container truck to our factory on a Sunday , we were pushed for time :lol: .
The aircraft reached it`s owner in perfect nick , all paperwork taken care of by Julian.
The contact details for Julian Scholtemeyer has changed and I thought I will post them here. Email is jscholtemeyer@gmail.com and cell no: 083 321 4547.
I will certainly continue using his services.
Jean.
Cubby Aircraft Factory
Suppliers of Nitrate, Butyrate, adhesive, Fabric.
New front seat solo Cubby Renegade
Cell : 072 6716 240
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Pilot Dreamer
Straight and Level
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Pilot Dreamer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Jean Crous wrote:I would also like to mention that Julian has handled the export of an aircraft for us to the UK. He organized the container truck to our factory on a Sunday , we were pushed for time :lol: .
The aircraft reached it`s owner in perfect nick , all paperwork taken care of by Julian.
The contact details for Julian Scholtemeyer has changed and I thought I will post them here. Email is jscholtemeyer@gmail.com and cell no: 083 321 4547.
I will certainly continue using his services.
Jean.
Thank you Jean. I regard myself privileged to have been involved in that project. She is a very special machine indeed.
Julian
Based in Somerset West

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”