New Southern Africa Scenery for FS2004

Synthetic and Virtual aviation of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

Fishy
Taxiing to Clubhouse
Closest Airfield: FAMB

New Southern Africa Scenery for FS2004

Unread post by Fishy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 am

Hi All

Even though FS2004 is getting long in the tooth, I know I am not the only one still getting countless of enjoyable hours out of it.

Luckily most major scenery designers are still making FS9 compatible scenery, but there are very few scenery designers left who are making South African scenery for FS9. Most have moved on to FSX leaving us poor blokes behind.

Guys like Aeroworx, NMG and a few individuals (sorry for not mentioning all your names) have given us a nice amount of add-on scenery initially for FS9, but I think it is time we add a few more.

This is where I am trying to come in.

The list of projects currently on the drawing board is as follows:
1. Middelburg Airfield - FAMB
2. Arnot Airfield - FAAP
3. Elandshoogte Airstrip
4. SAAF Memorial north of Swartkop AFB

In the pipeline for the future are:
5. Hazyview Airfield
6. Kitty Hawk Airfield - FAKT

Keep a lookout for my first release which will be announced later today on this thread (I am so dramatic :D ) and which should be available on Avsim.com and Flightsim.com by tomorrow.

Regards
Kobus
Last edited by Fishy on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extreme
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: Cape Town International

Re: New South African Scenery for FS2004

Unread post by Extreme » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:27 am

Even though FS2004 is getting long in the tooth, I know I am not the only one still getting countless of enjoyable hours out of it.

Luckily most major scenery designers are still making FS9 compatible scenery, but there are very few scenery designers left who are making South African scenery for FS9. Most have moved on to FSX leaving us poor blokes behind.

Guys like Aeroworx, NMG and a few individuals (sorry for not mentioning all your names) have given us a nice amount of add-on scenery initially for FS9, but I think it is time we add a few more
I have to agree with you, its not only new scenery but for example Cape Town Int is still with the old terminal and Johannesburg to. We need a upgrade of some sort hehe.

Looking forward to see more on this.
Jaynie
Airspeed active

Unread post by Jaynie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:51 am

=D> =D> =D>
You're never prepared for the moment that changes your life.
skydancer
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Rustenburg

Unread post by skydancer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Fishy wrote:Hi All

Guys like Aeroworx, NMG and a few individuals (sorry for not mentioning all your names) have given us a nice amount of add-on scenery initially for FS9, but I think it is time we add a few more.

This is where I am trying to come in.

2. Arnot Airfield - FAAP
3. Elandshoogte Airstrip
4. SAAF Memorial north of Swartkop AFB

5. Hazyview Airfield

Keep a lookout for my first release which will be announced later today on this thread (I am so dramatic :D ) and which should be available on Avsim.com and Flightsim.com by tomorrow.

Regards
Kobus
Hi there Kobus

Yes I have to agree, I still have their sceneries installed, and have flown many hours and not to forget, the enjoyment of each and every airfield :-)
So to the designers who spent many hours or even months on these projects, they have made the Virtual South African continent more realistic comparing to default.
And as you have mentioned Kobus, there are some areas that requires some attention, just to make it that bit more interesting :)
As a matter of fact, not that i fall within the pro's :lol: , but have already created a FARG (Rustenburg) scenery, which is very basic, but atleast pin points to the correct geographical position, as well as a layout and parking area closer to what it looks like. And now am busy creating callsigns for all the other airports that are still prenounced by FS2004 airport code. For instance, instead of Foxtrot Alpha Romeo Golf Traffic.... it will now correctly say Rustenburg traffic. And so I have done that to all the other South African airfields. Some of the major ones I left out as it was already correct. So im still busy and about halfway through so hopefully by next week I can have that ready, and then upload that onto flightsim by next week :D
Fishy
Taxiing to Clubhouse

Unread post by Fishy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm

So here it is... The first release as promised earlier (and it is already available for download :D )

The South African Air Force Memorial "on the hill" north of Swartkop AFB

All Gmax models (the few that there are :oops: ) with photographic textures and a replacement photographic ground texture, extending it to include the area where the memorial is situated, for the Aeroworx Swartkop AFB package for FS2004. You will need the Aeroworx Swartkop AFB package as well as their SA Roads package in order for this to blend in well (but are more than welcome to use it with only the default scenery installed :) ). Even though my computer have the Aeroworx mesh for SA also installed, it is not needed as the "hill" with only the default Mesh on a test computer also looked pretty good 8).

I have included all the memorials/walls that are situated on the premises and one or two extra things.

This was made specially for Coenie777 who requested it on another thread and ended up being such a nice project for me, so Coenie777, thanks for getting me to do this.
SAAF_Memorial_1.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_2.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fishy on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishy
Taxiing to Clubhouse

Unread post by Fishy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Availalbe at Avsim.com and Flightsim.com - Filename: saaf_memorial.zip
SAAF_Memorial_4.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_5.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_6.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_7.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_8.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_9.JPG
SAAF_Memorial_10.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fishy on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaynie
Airspeed active

Unread post by Jaynie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:24 pm

The lights go off!! 8-[ 8-[
Thats cool!
You're never prepared for the moment that changes your life.
Coenie777
Lining Up

Unread post by Coenie777 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Awesome work Fishy!!

Thanks so much for helping to add a real historic piece of scenery to our SA environment.

Due to all the politics at FAWB, I am now officially moving my home base to FASK :wink:

Well done!!!!! and thank you =D>
Snoopy

Unread post by Snoopy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:14 am

Well done Fishy. :D =D>

FS2004 following is still as strong as ever because of all the great add-ons , something FSX could never match to date.
Fishy
Taxiing to Clubhouse

Unread post by Fishy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:30 pm

With the release of the "SAAF Memorial" the list is updated as such:

Released scenery on Avsim.com or Flightsim.com:
1. SAAF Memorial north of Swartkop AFB

2. Arnot Airfield - FAAP
3. Elandshoogte Airstrip
4. Mpumalanga Power Stations

5. Hazyview Airfield

Kobus
skydancer
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Rustenburg

Unread post by skydancer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 am

Fishy

Thank you so much for your outstanding add-on :) It certainly adds that character to Swartkops scenery. Thank you so so much :D
crisl
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by crisl » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi Kobus, thanks so much for such an excellent add-on. If this is your first attempt you`ve set the bar pretty high!
Johan van Wyk
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FASK

Unread post by Johan van Wyk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:41 pm

And this talented man will now head the Aeroworx FS2004 section and all his scenery will also be ported (in the proper way) to FSX and X-Plane!!!
"When people move up in the world into X-Plane they will get the 'moving from high school into paid work' feeling and we who have been here for a while will get deja vu."... AND NO BUGS IN THE SDK!

Johan van Wyk
Coenie777
Lining Up

Unread post by Coenie777 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Fishy
Taxiing to Clubhouse

Unread post by Fishy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Arnot Power station and the airfield taking shape 8)

Return to “Virtual Aviation”