X-Plane 11

Synthetic and Virtual aviation of all kinds.

Moderator: Moderators

Cornell Blok
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Re: X-Plane 11

Unread post by Cornell Blok » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:33 pm

747TDR wrote:Thanks Ruan!

For the laptop? Right now I'm running an i7 7600 (I think), 16 GB of RAM, but a pretty stock standard graphics card.

My initial reason for a new setup is for photo editing, as I have a photography business on the side, as well as something I can day trade with. Adding X-Plane into the mix makes me realize that I'm going to have to go big, but the good thing is that I can take my time doing it.

Howzit Tyron

Have a look here

http://www.travelairva.com

I don't run it but enjoy flying for them :D
Petrol attendant in Training/Car Wash Supervisor

747TDR
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: EICK

Unread post by 747TDR » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Cornell Blok wrote:
747TDR wrote:Thanks Ruan!

For the laptop? Right now I'm running an i7 7600 (I think), 16 GB of RAM, but a pretty stock standard graphics card.

My initial reason for a new setup is for photo editing, as I have a photography business on the side, as well as something I can day trade with. Adding X-Plane into the mix makes me realize that I'm going to have to go big, but the good thing is that I can take my time doing it.

Howzit Tyron

Have a look here

I don't run it but enjoy flying for them :D
Thanks Boss!

Some really familiar names there, so it'll be a good VA to join, that's for sure!
Jacques Le Roux
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: Lanseria

Unread post by Jacques Le Roux » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Carenado DO228 & Grand Caravan over New Tempe
DO228_4.jpg
Car_C208B_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chaos505
Man found at unmanned airfield-What now?
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by chaos505 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:59 am

i need a stronger pc :lol:
"Engines are the hearts of planes, but pilots are their souls"
Scaffel
Engine Cranking

Unread post by Scaffel » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:18 pm

X-Plane 11 is just getting better with every update.
Raffles
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: DFFD

Unread post by Raffles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:38 am

The latest updates have resulted in complete loss of frame rate. I have not updated since 11.11 because I anticipated this.
Johan van Wyk
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FASK

Unread post by Johan van Wyk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 pm

We are a group of about 30 using X-Plane 11, all on 11.25r2 (build 112503 64-bit) and NO frame rate problems. In fact, most of us did experience about 5% or more increase during the last 2 updates.
"When people move up in the world into X-Plane they will get the 'moving from high school into paid work' feeling and we who have been here for a while will get deja vu."... AND NO BUGS IN THE SDK!

Johan van Wyk
lupedelupe
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by lupedelupe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:50 am

Raffles, delete your shader cache and bin (most of) your preferences; then restart, reset the prefs and your frame rate will be back (or better).
Mrb13676
Lining Up - unmanned
Closest Airfield: FASY

Unread post by Mrb13676 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:34 am

I concur - have noticed no drop in FPS with the new releases - if anything they are better..
Mike Blackburn
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo
skydancer
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Rustenburg

Unread post by skydancer » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Goodevening fellow simmers.Need some help before proceeding.I thought about it long enough and decided to move over to Xplane 11 from FSX Acc.Had a wonderful journey and served me well.I looked at many youtube videos clips and comments on here to finally make up my mind.
However,i dont have internet,or rather not alot of data to play around with,so i will be purchasing the dvd set rather and do updates when possible.But i want to know whats the difference between the box set available at The Aviationshop and the Xplane.com website?Cause the cover pictures looks different,but common sense tells me its the same thing.But im just afraid to buy it locally only to discover later on i made a boo-boo.
pcdriver
Rolling
Closest Airfield: FAOR

Unread post by pcdriver » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:43 pm

This is a copy of my X-Plane 11 dvd set purchased in London. You still need to log on to the website to update it to the current version, and it is being constantly updated........ if you purchase the dvd's you will be able to run the full version but will have to accept that without updating you will be missing out on fixes/improvements.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skydancer
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Rustenburg

Unread post by skydancer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 pm

pcdriver wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:43 pm
This is a copy of my X-Plane 11 dvd set purchased in London. You still need to log on to the website to update it to the current version, and it is being constantly updated........ if you purchase the dvd's you will be able to run the full version but will have to accept that without updating you will be missing out on fixes/improvements.......
Hi pcdriver,

Thanks for your input and reply.Thats the exact cover dvd set i had my eyes on.Thank you kindly sir.But i will make a plan to update my copy for sure.Just out of curiousity and to be prepared,do you know how bit the update is to the current version?
pcdriver
Rolling
Closest Airfield: FAOR

Unread post by pcdriver » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:44 am

I have no idea when they would have got their copies into stock so no way of knowing I suppose....... it should not be an issue though, the update should not take too long to run and you will then be sorted!

Return to “Virtual Aviation”