AP Scheme

General tips, techniques, hints, tools and the also where can I find it? We cover both construction and maintenance submissions.

Moderator: Moderators

Flyman
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FALA FAGC
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: AP Scheme

Unread post by Flyman » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:21 pm

Thanks for that link with regard to study material.
PRECHECK'S !!!!!!
Leon B
Pre-take off checks
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Leon B » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:33 am

stefan wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 pm
http://www.caa.co.za/Pages/Personnel%20 ... erial.aspx

Above the link to the study material for AP's
Thanks Stefan

It is really sad that I could not get hold of this list when I started this topic back in May. I had months of idle time to do the studying but nobody including the CAA could produce that list. It was a secret back then. I no longer have the free time. What a sad waste!

Thanks anyway.
Maybe next year :(
stefan
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FARA
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by stefan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:50 am

Hi Leon,
unfortunately the exam question bank had to be reviewed and moved to the CAA system. Al lot of the exam questions were outdated as well as the study material so it was not possible to publish any material prior to the exams being reviewed.
Leon B
Pre-take off checks
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Leon B » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:05 pm

stefan wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:50 am
Hi Leon,
unfortunately the exam question bank had to be reviewed and moved to the CAA system. Al lot of the exam questions were outdated as well as the study material so it was not possible to publish any material prior to the exams being reviewed.
Thanks Stefan
I am sure this will be a big boost for the AP system. Some transparency at last! I hope it brings many more AP`s into the scheme and as soon as I find the time to sink my teeth into the work I will be one of them.

Good job and Thank you!
Theuns v V
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Rand
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 230 times

Unread post by Theuns v V » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:34 pm

stefan wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 pm
I am on the AP panel together with a bunch of other highly qualified individuals. You are welcome to contact me through my website contact form for more info. I will e-mail you back with my cell no.
Regards
Stefan
http://kitplanesforafrica.co.za/Pages/Contact-KFA.asp
Maybe you could give me some info what the requirements to apply to go write the exam are. I wanted to apply last year but was told that I need logbooks of everything I worked on, the fact that I scratchbuilt my own plane aswell as letters of recomendation from a well known AME I did work for over the past few years seem to not carry any weight atall and only logbooks will be accepted.

Theuns
stefan
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FARA
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by stefan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi Theuns,
For the exams you first will have to be approved by the panel to write them. We will look at your application and then determine which exams you have to write.

I don't have the exact quotes now from part 66.04 but it comes down to that you first have to have obtained an ATF for your aircraft which you built or show enough experience doing work under an AMO or AP.

If your aircraft received an ATF then what you need to do is draw up a logbook as per part 66.04. This logbook will be in about the same format as the AME logbook. Have the AP who was overseeing your project sign the logbook confirming the work. The logbook should preferable be in hours for the initial application and not days, it makes evaluation your application easier.

You should also send us a CV and some recommendation letters. If you have any other relevant qualifications (even if they are non aviation) then send those as well.

Contact Cindy Caldwell at CAA for the latest application forms. Submit the docs to her, pay the fee and at the next panel sitting (which is now once a month) we will have a look and let you know.

Return to “Building and Maintaining Aircraft”