- Aircraft in Hangar
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:20 pm
- Closest Airfield: Matsieng FBMA
- Has liked: 0
- Been liked: 0
The WesBank Botswana International Airshow will be held at Matsieng Aerodrome, Botswana on 25 May 2019.
Kindly visit our website: www.botswana-airshow.com for further information.
Important information for visiting pilots:
Matsieng Aerodrome (FBMA) will be a temporary entry/exit point from:
Friday 24 May 09h00 – 18h00. Saturday 25 May 07h00 – 17h00. Sunday 26 May 07h00 – 12h00.
Fly direct from: FALA/FAPN/FAPP, file your Flight Plan for FBSK, once you are handed over to Botswana (Gaborone Approach 128.20), inform ATC that you are going to the Airshow, they will divert you. Please file your outbound Flight Plan with your inbound, you can always change the time on the phone.
• Destination: Matsieng Aerodrome (FBMA) Runway 06/24 – 1300m compacted gravel with coordinates S 24 21 00.52 E 026 04 59.47.)
• Fuel available at Matsieng Aerodrome.
• Arrive on Friday afternoon and fly out on Sunday morning (only).
• Please file your flight plan for the return flight (departure from Matsieng) se same time you file the inbound one. Sample FP, RSA Port Health, RSA Immigration and GENDEC on web page to download. Send outbound FP to FBSK Briefing Fax: +267 390 4559 (get ref no. on tel 00267 391 6493) or File2fly.
Fueling: Aviation fuel is available for fly-in pilots at Matsieng. No aviation fuel available at Pilanesberg
It is hereby advised that the Civil Aviation Authority of Botswana increased the cost of the Permit to Fly, for NON TYPE CERTIFIED AIRCRAFT, flying into Matsieng for the Airshow. The fee is now P545, which will be paid by Matsieng Flying Club on behalf of applicant, when you submit your application. Pilots will then be charged the P545 (R680 in cash) , when landing at Matsieng for the Airshow. A Card Payment facility will be available for this purpose as well as for fuel purchases. Arrange international payment clearance with your bank for card transactions.
Please take note of the following important information:
• Pilots must apply for the permit at least 7 days before the arrival date in Botswana. We suggest you start immediately!
• The permit will be valid for 12 months from issue.
• Please do not attempt to fly into Botswana without a Permit To Fly for NTCA. The authorities issued a warning that offending aircraft will be seized and a P20k fine issued to PIC.
• There will be aviation fuel available at Matsieng this year. Pilanesberg has no aviation fuel available.
• All aircraft will be charged a minimal navigational fee upon landing.
• No landing fees will be charged at Matsieng Air Strip.
• All applications must be made directly to the CAAB . The contact person is:
o Mr Darlington Dire, Flight Operations Inspector, Flight Safety
o Tel: (+ 267) 3688200 (Switchboard) (+267) 3688316 (Direct)
o Mobile:(+267) 73477641
• Please click in PILOTS CORNER on web page to download the necessary documents and information.
CAAB also requires copies of first 4 pages of Pilot's Licence and a Medical certificate
Looking forward to welcome you to Matsieng! Fly safe
Hentie de Wet
- 1k poster
- Posts: 1130
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:37 am
- Closest Airfield: FAWB
- Location: Centurion Pretoria
- Has liked: 12 times
- Been liked: 47 times
Thanks Hentie and all who were involved for making this event happen. We cannot wait for the next one. Camping facilities were excellent and the now added showers and toilets make it so much better. We were a group of 8 who flew in together and all had a blast.
Only negative was the restaurant. They could not cope with the number of people and did not have enough staff to help. We noticed many people sending food back and the only chef on the braai had a hard time to prepare food for so many people. Last year we found to be a lot better with regards to food from Spur as well as side dishes we could buy when doing our own braai. Hopefully the new guys will learn from their mistakes and be ready for the next one.
Looking forward to the next one. Weather was perfect and the display was amazing. Well done once again