LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY RATINGS

Questions for the South African Civil Aviation Authority.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike Gough
Frequent AvComer
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 114 times

Unread post by Mike Gough » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:48 am

Valid points, Chris.

Mary - are we going to see that next AIC anytime soon?

Standing by your response to Chris' post....
Coxxie
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FASH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY TEST CONTACT

Unread post by Coxxie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:55 am

I am an English speaking South African.
Can anyone give me a contact in the Cape Town area that I can book for my English Language Proficiency Test?
This is in accordance with the Document SA-CAT-FCL 61.
Thanks.
"We don't quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing.."

Coxxie
Sceptic
Helicopter getting close
Closest Airfield: Port Elizabeth
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 0

Re: LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY RATINGS

Unread post by Sceptic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:15 am

You don't need to do a test if you comply with the following and can provide the proof required, eg your matric certificate as below.

(iii)
An applicant who can provide evidence of Expert English Language Proficiency will be awarded Expert Level 6. This evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options:
Certified Copy of School leavers certificate – Matric, O or M Level, with a pass in English first language with a minimum symbol of D or its equivalent.
Certified copy of a SAQA recognised 2 year tertiary qualification with English either as a subject or English as the language of tuition and examination.
Proof of being a present or past native of a nation where English is the first language, e.g. UK, USA, Australia or New Zealand.
(iv)
An applicant who can provide evidence of Operational English Language Proficiency will be awarded a Level 4. This evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options to a school leaver’s certificate – Matric, O or M Level, with a pass in English second language with a minimum symbol of C or its equivalent.

(c)
Candidates applying for an English rating proficiency in terms of (b)(ii) or (b)(iii) above are required to submit a declaration that he or she does not suffer from a significant speech impediment or have a heavy accent that would make the spoken English language difficult to understand.
V5 - LEO
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 552 times
Been liked: 456 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Sceptic wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:15 am
You don't need to do a test if you comply with the following and can provide the proof required, eg your matric certificate as below.

(iii)
An applicant who can provide evidence of Expert English Language Proficiency will be awarded Expert Level 6. This evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options:
Certified Copy of School leavers certificate – Matric, O or M Level, with a pass in English first language with a minimum symbol of D or its equivalent.
Certified copy of a SAQA recognised 2 year tertiary qualification with English either as a subject or English as the language of tuition and examination.
Proof of being a present or past native of a nation where English is the first language, e.g. UK, USA, Australia or New Zealand.
(iv)
An applicant who can provide evidence of Operational English Language Proficiency will be awarded a Level 4. This evidence is indicated, but not limited to the following options to a school leaver’s certificate – Matric, O or M Level, with a pass in English second language with a minimum symbol of C or its equivalent.

(c)
Candidates applying for an English rating proficiency in terms of (b)(ii) or (b)(iii) above are required to submit a declaration that he or she does not suffer from a significant speech impediment or have a heavy accent that would make the spoken English language difficult to understand.
....anybody kniws if this stil holds same, and to where must one submit these?
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Trevor Duane
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGF
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 214 times

Unread post by Trevor Duane » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:23 pm

V5 - LEO wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:51 pm
Sceptic wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:15 am

(iii)
(iv)

(c)
....anybody kniws if this stil holds same, and to where must one submit these?
Yes sir this still exists but....... the awarded level 6 proficiency is only valid for 24 months so it only lasts for one license period.
My advice is do a formal LP test ( language proficiency test ) this would mean that the level 6 proficiency rating will never expire along with the radio telephony rating which will also not expire. If your son is still training in CPT give me a shout and I can recommend the absolute best guy for the LP test. In fact my son is seeing him this week Thur for his LP test to finalize his radio and move onto his next subjects.
www.pegasuas.co.za
Video of our locally built UAV
https://youtu.be/JxfRjnKQ_74
ZS-VVR Flightstar 2
ZU-FEE Flightstar 2
ZU-BRV KFA Bushbaby
ZU-XXX J3 Cub replica under construction
V5 - LEO
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Trevor Duane wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:23 pm

Yes sir this still exists but....... the awarded level 6 proficiency is only valid for 24 months so it only lasts for one license period.
My advice is do a formal LP test ( language proficiency test ) this would mean that the level 6 proficiency rating will never expire along with the radio telephony rating which will also not expire. If your son is still training in CPT give me a shout and I can recommend the absolute best guy for the LP test. In fact my son is seeing him this week Thur for his LP test to finalize his radio and move onto his next subjects.
...txs Trevor, he is going back comming Friday, will let him make contact with you to obtain details and maybe additional pointers, tips wrt his last CPL exams. Appreciated, maybe if you can pm your contact number.
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Trevor Duane
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGF
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 214 times

Unread post by Trevor Duane » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:05 am

V5 - LEO wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:13 pm
Trevor Duane wrote:

...txs Trevor, he is going back comming Friday, will let him make contact with you to obtain details and maybe additional pointers, tips wrt his last CPL exams. Appreciated, maybe if you can pm your contact number.
Absolutely no problem, 078 sixninerzero 84 tree tree
www.pegasuas.co.za
Video of our locally built UAV
https://youtu.be/JxfRjnKQ_74
ZS-VVR Flightstar 2
ZU-FEE Flightstar 2
ZU-BRV KFA Bushbaby
ZU-XXX J3 Cub replica under construction
V5 - LEO
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:13 am

Trevor Duane wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:05 am
V5 - LEO wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:13 pm
Trevor Duane wrote:

Absolutely no problem, 078 sixninerzero 84 tree tree
...txs Trevor, appreciated.

Return to “CAA General Questions”