Your Accident and Incident Information Needed

Questions for the South African Civil Aviation Authority.

Moderator: Moderators

CAA
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Your Accident and Incident Information Needed

Unread post by CAA » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:14 am

Hello Everyone

After viewing a number of the accident threads on the Academy and Flight Safety forum, it has become evident that the AVCOM community has some very useful information, in the form of Photographs and Aerial plots that would be of great assistance to the Accident and Incident Investigation Division.
As an example with reference to the Seneca crash in Mozambique there are photographs on the thread that were not provided to the CAA that contain very valuable information.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could send any photographs or information, you may have pertaining to accidents or incidents, irrespective of how disturbing the content maybe to a confidential e-mail address namely, info@caa.co.za

You may submit your information anonymously if you wish to do so; every piece of information will help.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Mary Stephens
Senior Manager: Consistency and Standardisation
Aviation Safety Operations
SACAA
Jan
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: MOSSELBAAI
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: Your Accident and Incident Information Needed

Unread post by Jan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 am

I think this is a good idea and we might even see accident reports finalized a bit quicker some in some cases.
Not to mention that it might help issueing a more correct version of what happened.
Flying is about discipline!
AP325
Flyboy583
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: EGWC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Flyboy583 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:30 am

Avcom power at work again!!!
Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance.
rowco24cc
Engine Still Cranking

Unread post by rowco24cc » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:58 pm

ISLANDER [Registration removed per ARCC request] HAS GONE MISSING IN LOWVELD TODAY 16H00 ANY NEWS YET !!!!!!! :( :(
After viewing a number of the accident threads on the Academy and Flight Safety forum, it has become evident that the AVCOM community has some very useful information, in the form of Photographs and Aerial plots that would be of great assistance to the Accident and Incident Investigation Division.
As an example with reference to the Seneca crash in Mozambique there are photographs on the thread that were not provided to the CAA that contain very valuable information.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could send any photographs or information, you may have pertaining to accidents or incidents, irrespective of how disturbing the content maybe to a confidential e-mail address namely, info@caa.co.za

You may submit your information anonymously if you wish to do so; every piece of information will help.

Ray W
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: OR Tambo
Has liked: 2520 times
Been liked: 763 times

Unread post by Ray W » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Old age & treachery will triumph over youth & skill
apollo11
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGM
Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 331 times

Unread post by apollo11 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi Mary, you guys may have also noted in past accidents and incidents avcomers often used Google earth to assist in getting some of the situations into perspective for discussion and illustration... it is a fantastic tool for a lot of things, like search and rescue, route planning, post crash analysis. Probably CAA already use this tool? Avcomers are all over the place.... and it is great seeing CAA appreciate that avcom can assist in sometimes very much puzzling, tough and traumatic situations.

The other day I bumped my head against the wing, I did not rub it, carried on like nothing had happened lest an avcomer was close by... :)
Straighten up and fly right!
Perry
DC872

Unread post by DC872 » Wed May 13, 2009 7:50 am

I have some information relating to bogus/uncertified/stolen aircraft parts. Who can I talk to?
dupwillie
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: Bundu Inn

Unread post by dupwillie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:06 pm

CAA wrote:Hello Everyone
I want to know when can CAA provide me an accident report on ZU-DVJ date 17 July 2005.Every time I ask CAA they confirm it is complete and waiting for the Commissioner.Is this normal in all accidents. posting.php?mode=quote&f=14&p=473108#

Willie Du Plessis
cell 0836532101
Pretoria
RSA
Fat Frank
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Fat Frank » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 am

DC872 wrote:I have some information relating to bogus/uncertified/stolen aircraft parts. Who can I talk to?
DC872, Did you get a reply to this post?
It's in the fury of the battle
When the understanding comes
That the gunner is forever,
A partner with the guns.

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed..."
- Genesis 9:6

Return to “CAA General Questions”