Calling all CT PPL, LSA and LSA (USA Regs) Operators

Flight Design's CT, CTLS. CTSW range of Light Sport Aircraft.

Moderator: Moderators

Ron
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Calling all CT PPL, LSA and LSA (USA Regs) Operators

Unread post by Ron » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:03 pm

New forum. I'd like to share my good experiences with this incredible a/c. I've owned a CTsW for 3.5 years. I mostly use it for commuting in RSA and sometimes x-border. A little weird looking (reminds me of a guppy), this is the roomiest, most comfortable LSA I have flown to date. Certified for night VFR, safer and more economical than driving. Would be pleased to hear from other Ct owners about their experiences and to learn from them. There is an American Ct forum (ctflyer.com) but they have different conditions to Southern Africa.
francoispotgieter
Engine Started

Re: Calling all CT PPL, LSA and LSA (USA Regs) Operators

Unread post by francoispotgieter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Thanks Ron! Yes I agree, the most spacious cockpit amongst small two seaters. I have Dynon glass in mine, and have added a Garmin SL30, so can now do an ILS and a VOR letdown. I true out at 123 knots at sealevel, and at about 115 at 10 000ft. I've had mine at 11 500 ft. Nice boot to put luggage in. My son has had 3 surfboards in there. I've has two sheep in there as well. Slaughtered and packed off course. LOL!!!
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 163 times

Unread post by Roger » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 am

francoispotgieter wrote: I've has two sheep in there as well. Slaughtered and packed off course. LOL!!!
And most recently a fish too. :D :wink:
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
Technocrat
Helicopter getting close
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by Technocrat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:46 pm

How many CT's are there in SA?
falke

Unread post by falke » Thu May 26, 2011 8:07 am

Technocrat wrote:How many CT's are there in SA?
Guess 10 or so?
francoispotgieter
Engine Started

Unread post by francoispotgieter » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:32 am

At the moment there are 12 CTsw's and one CTLS flying in South Africa.
By end October there be another CTLS.
For info, Flight Design has produced the CT range, from the CT, CT2k, CTsw, CTLS.
They have also produced the WC which is metal, and has wing support struts.
The CTsw's wings were shortened, and the CTLS was lengthened by 40cm, adding a headrest behind the pilots.
Flight Design recently announced they will be producing a 4 seater.
There is one CT2k in Namibia, and it's for sale, but the engine is timex.
You can put in a new engine fr R160k.
Technocrat
Helicopter getting close
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by Technocrat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Francois took me for a test flight in his CT on Friday - thanks Francois! Very nice aircraft with glass panel. What impressed me the most is the penetration ability of this little machine. Cruises 120 knots and is easy to fly. I was over enthusiastic with rudder inputs when turning in the air with my tail dragger background. When landing and taxiing however, it requires constant firm rudder input compared to tail dragger. Ample Cabin and luggage space ensure comfort for cross country trips. Getting in and out the cockpit is also easier than most other LSA's.
francoispotgieter
Engine Started

Unread post by francoispotgieter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am

Flight Design Germany has now upgraded the CT Aircraft. The undercarraige is now a stronger composite Leaf Spring. The nose wheel is now larger, also 6" like the main wheels. The cockpit size has increased. Longer with hatrack behind pilots heads and little windows on sides. Instrument wise, they market it with Dynon Skyviews. Also available with a Rotax 912i, Fuel Injection motor. This is the Rolls Royce of LSA's!!!!! German precision and finish!!!!!
Grant Lemke
Forgot to remove the chocks!
Closest Airfield: FAPG

Unread post by Grant Lemke » Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 pm

francoispotgieter wrote:Flight Design Germany has now upgraded the CT Aircraft. The undercarraige is now a stronger composite Leaf Spring. The nose wheel is now larger, also 6" like the main wheels. The cockpit size has increased. Longer with hatrack behind pilots heads and little windows on sides. Instrument wise, they market it with Dynon Skyviews. Also available with a Rotax 912i, Fuel Injection motor. This is the Rolls Royce of LSA's!!!!! German precision and finish!!!!!
Saw some pictures of the upgraded aircraft, very nice. Are you able to offer indicative pricing as per the spec above?
Akula
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Sand County Airfield

Unread post by Akula » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:49 am

francoispotgieter wrote:Flight Design Germany has now upgraded the CT Aircraft. The undercarraige is now a stronger composite Leaf Spring. The nose wheel is now larger, also 6" like the main wheels. The cockpit size has increased. Longer with hatrack behind pilots heads and little windows on sides. Instrument wise, they market it with Dynon Skyviews. Also available with a Rotax 912i, Fuel Injection motor. This is the Rolls Royce of LSA's!!!!! German precision and finish!!!!!
Pretty

Return to “CT Aircaft”