CPL MEIR Pilot Available

Pilot Jobs relating specifically to fixed wing aircraft

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section is provided for individual organisations to post their positions available or for job seekers to place their CVs. Recruiting agencies are not permitted to post in this section and should make contact with ads@avcom.co.za in order to make use of the Professional Recruiting Agencies section found at the top of the Job Centre section.
rbz
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

CPL MEIR Pilot Available

Unread post by rbz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:00 am

Hello Avcommers

I am currently looking for any possible flying positions.

My qualifications include:

Masters Degree in Aeronautical Engineering

CPL Multi Engine Instrument Rated

Ratings:
C172 - 69.1 hours
C182 - 2.6 hours
TC06 - 3.4 hours
PA28A - 51.7 hours
PA28B - 3.2 hours
C210 - 24.8 hours
SR20 - 36.9 hours
BE55 - 6.2 hours

Turbocharged Endorsement
Variable Pitch Endorsement
Retractable Undercarriage Endorsement
Night Rating
Class 1 Medical

Total hours : 225.1
Total Flying hours 197.9 hours
PIC hours: 116.1 (43 at night)

If anybody would like to contact me for a full CV, please PM or email me at rbflyer@live.com
Slam and Go
Aircraft in Hangar
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: CPL MEIR Pilot Available

Unread post by Slam and Go » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am

Plenty of instruction jobs around if that interests you.
rbz
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by rbz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:40 am

Slam and Go wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am
Plenty of instruction jobs around if that interests you.
unfortunately don't have an instructor rating yet
rbz
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by rbz » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:30 am

bump
DUTCHIE161
Flight Planning
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by DUTCHIE161 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm

"You don't have 500 hours". "You don't meet the insurance minimum requirements". "You need 100 hours on type". These are all phrases I heard while doing my infamous "Walk Of Shame" and sending out emails. Almost a year and I still don't have a solid flying job. It is extremely frustrating.

I have done my fair share of studying and investing in my education, I completed my ATP subjects, completed an University Degree and I even went so far as to pay for my own B1900 rating. Did everything to put myself in the best possible position to get a good job.

It is sad to know that hopes and dreams don't match up to a pilot's capabilities, it is dictated by insurance policies. The minimum experience you need to get a flying job. You need experience to get a job, but you also need a job to get experience. It is sad to know that flight schools sells empty hopes and dreams that are filled with hundreds of thousands of Rands of debt. You always need one more rating to secure that "promised" job. Verbal promises are dangerous and money is what it is all about really.

I do hope this can change in the near future, but with the current economic situation and the GDP in an almost decline it isn't looking too bright for guys starting out. Many guys are leaving RSA at the moment, because there are no jobs anymore. I think we need to address these issues, because we are losing valuable skills. Skills we could of used to make RSA a better place.

I am also in the same situation as you. Also looking for a job. Keep up the faith, I am sure we will find our way eventually.
Best of luck !
B1900-C210-SR20-P30A-P28R-P28A-C172
B.Com NWU
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 156 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm

There's always instructors' jobs. Earn (even if just a bit) and learn something (teaching is a good way to learn stuff in depth) while you build hours.
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
southside
Steep Turn Left
Closest Airfield: around
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by southside » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 pm

I agree. Rather spend the money for a 1900 rating on an instructor rating or go and fly that money out on a cheap aircraft to get closer to 500 hours. Unless you have a garuenteed job on the aircraft, don't do the rating. 6 months after doing the rating you will need a prof check which is expensive. Schools are always looking for instructors.
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by Fransw » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:19 pm

If you have a real University M in aero nautics why not try to get you foot in the door in the USA or EU. You will easily get an instructors job there and from there into the airlines...
Spice
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: OMAA
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Spice » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:30 am

southside wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 pm
I agree. Rather spend the money for a 1900 rating on an instructor rating or go and fly that money out on a cheap aircraft to get closer to 500 hours. Unless you have a garuenteed job on the aircraft, don't do the rating. 6 months after doing the rating you will need a prof check which is expensive. Schools are always looking for instructors.
B190 rating for a fresh CPL MEIR, is an expensive rating, if you do not have a line-job lined up after your rating. The challenge is building the "minimum / acceptable" amount of hours to reach the entry requirement, even to be invited for a interview, which does not even mean you'll be successful. Set a goal on doing your Instructor's rating and apply at a school and fly, on reaching the '500' hour mark, build PIC hours, maintain ratings, and then the next goal, successful interview...
The aviation industry is one of the most difficult to start a career in.
Dash 8 Q 300 Maritime Patrol Aircraft
DE-ICER
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Robertson Airfield

Unread post by DE-ICER » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:48 am

DUTCHIE161 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm
"You don't have 500 hours". "You don't meet the insurance minimum requirements". "You need 100 hours on type". These are all phrases I heard while doing my infamous "Walk Of Shame" and sending out emails. Almost a year and I still don't have a solid flying job. It is extremely frustrating.

I have done my fair share of studying and investing in my education, I completed my ATP subjects, completed an University Degree and I even went so far as to pay for my own B1900 rating. Did everything to put myself in the best possible position to get a good job.
We've all been there...even with the total time and time on type, some guys are sitting around waiting. Some very experienced jockeys who have passed interviews to fly the B1900, ATR and LET 410 are stuck, waiting for operators to call them. The days of getting in somewhere on a multi-turbine with pretty much a fresh com or just light single piston experience are over. The only operator that used to do it is have boosted their requirements due to pressure from the CAA, no less. There are a handful that'll still take pilots without any actual time on type, but they usually need 500-750 hours TT as the minimum. Now, if you have a fresh com, the only guys I'd advise to do a B200 or B190 rating are the ones who have friends in the right places. And some friends they must be, because they need to be able to offer a guarenteed job. Even instruction, although it's the way forward for most guys stuck in the industry, is a dead end street to an extent...and since everyone and their dog are becoming instructors now, it's becoming increasingly difficult to get out once you're in. You're competing against other multi grade 2 instructors with 2000+ hours hoping to fly the same machines you are. This is nevermind the fact that standards are going to hell because guys who don't actually know how to fly are becoming instructors, and those that do often lack the passion to actually teach. Telling isn't teaching.

My advice for a fresh com. Choose a pathway. If instruction has always been something you wanted to do and wouldn't mind doing for a long time - go for it. If you're choosing to do it just for the hours then you're doing the industry a disservice. You need to be passionate about teaching, and being taught. Instruction is as much a learning experience for you as it is for your students.

If instruction is not for you, then you've chosen a pathway where patience is required. Get a 206 on your license (most 210 jobs generally require more time than 206 jobs) and start flying wherever you can. Skydiving, glider towing, banner towing, etc. Camping out in the countries north of us might be an option to consider as well. Scope out the landscape. Get to know the operators. Go do the walk of shame there. Hopefully you get lucky. If at that point you don't have a solid job, consider an ops position somewhere other than a flight school. Again, fly whenever you can. A lot of operators want merely 250 hours, which is just just out of reach of a fresh com. Once you have 250-300 hours, try to get a 206 job again. Eventually you'll get in.

Progression from there is very much the same as with an instructor that doesn't want to sit around waiting for someone to offer him a multi instructors. Get onto the caravan asap, there are companies that require no time on type, only a bit of total time. Companies like Mackair are expanding like crazy. Once you have amassed some time on the caravan, you can revisit the idea of a multi turbine rating. If you're lucky, you'd have gotten some multi piston time. If you have 50-100 hours of those, then you can skip the caravan gig and can start looking at the multi turbine marketplace to determine which rating is right for you. If not, get a little caravan time, and then move on as soon as you can. But you probably wouldn't, the caravan is a lovely machine and you may want to stick around for a while...and that's ok, there should be no rush to get to some glorious position somewhere in aviation. Aim to enjoy a rich career. Rich in terms of flying experience, not wealth accumulation.

All the best!
Ezekiel 27:28 "The suburbs shall shake at the sound ... of thy pilots."
rbz
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by rbz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:12 pm

As an addition I have just completed all ATPL exams

Return to “Aeroplane”