ICASA - 3 weeks for initial?

ICASA is the regulator for the South African communications, broadcasting and postal services sector. At this stage, this section is not officially sanctioned by ICASA management and is being monitored on a voluntary basis.

Moderator: Moderators

Sideslip
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Closest Airfield: Springs
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

ICASA - 3 weeks for initial?

Unread post by Sideslip » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 am

Maybe we are doing things wrong - maybe I am dealing with the wrong person??

In the past I have dealt with various ICASA staff to get our clients initial radio station license issued and it typically took around 2 to 4 working days. The last time I had the pleasure of this very acceptable turnaround time, I dealt with a person by the name of Kagiso. I believe he has now left (unfortunately).

We are now dealing with Delmar who now tells us that the standard turnaround time to process an initial (new) application is 3 weeks.

Is there some new process in place that prolongs this process to this degree?
Mike Gill
Peter.L.
Lining Up
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: ICASA - 3 weeks for initial?

Unread post by Peter.L. » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:17 pm

3 weeks is actually a very short period to wait for a new application to be processed. It can take a lot longer than that if you are unlucky or have not completed the forms correctly. 2 to 4 working days is an amazingly short time for a licence to be issued and it is unlikely you will experience a recurrence of that in the foreseeable future. Perhaps Kagiso made a VERY special plan for you. Delmar's timeframe is now, and has been for many years, the standard for licence issuing providing everything is 150% correct insofar as the application documentation is concerned, payment particulars, etc.
Induna
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FASD
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Induna » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:22 pm

Hah try again...!! I applied for my initial radio license in March. I emailed every person At ICASA who's contact details I could get. Eventually I got through to Delmar.

I received my Proving Flights in the mean time, but still no radio license... It is pathetic that ICASA does not even answer their emails, or telephones...! But they are quick in sending reminders if you did not renew your license and I still get invoices for renewals of an aircraft that I sold over 3 years ago...!!

J
Jacques van der Westhuizen
ZU-xxx | VANS RV-8 in the making...
ZS-WSW | Sonerai 2L
Induna
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Induna » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:22 pm

I still have not received my license, response to emails sent to ICASA or anything else (except complete silence) since March 2014 or my last post. I don't know if this is normal acceptable practice for ICASA or how do you owkes manage to get things done faster?

J
ZS-WSW | Sonerai 2L
Induna
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by Induna » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Induna wrote:I still have not received my license, response to emails sent to ICASA or anything else (except complete silence) since March 2014 or my last post. I don't know if this is normal acceptable practice for ICASA or how do you owkes manage to get things done faster?

J
Still complete silence from ICASA about my license, that I already paid for in advance... They are still not answering emails... Last response was in march 2014!!! :shock:
ZS-WSW | Sonerai 2L

Return to “ICASA”