Radio Station Licence aka ICASA

ICASA is the regulator for the South African communications, broadcasting and postal services sector. At this stage, this section is not officially sanctioned by ICASA management and is being monitored on a voluntary basis.

Moderator: Moderators

dilligaf
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Radio Station Licence aka ICASA

Unread post by dilligaf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Peter.L. wrote:It is more than ever imperative that your postal address as indicated on your licence is correctly recorded in ICASA’s database, otherwise you may not receive any invoice at all, which could present all sorts of problems with all sorts of authorities and may eventually result in the cancellation of your station licence due to non-payment. Likewise, it is equally as important to ensure that your licence is fully up to date with payments as, if there is a debit amount outstanding on your licence account for 2010 or earlier, you will not receive any invoice, neither will a licence document be printed for 2011. Check your licence details personally, don’t leave it up to a third party, and if necessary sort out any address/payment-related problems which may have been overlooked until now.
Peter

I join Chris in welcoming you to avcom.

I understand the logistical challenges resulting from a 31/12 licence year, and I'm sure most can live with your solution.

What I do not buy into, however, is the statement above. This is simply "making your problem my problem". All businesses should be capable of sending customer invoices AND statements of account. Not ICASA, it seems. All businesses should be capable of verifying customer addresses (you should primarily be getting aircraft owner details from SACAA). Yet you wash your hands of the "bad data" problem and pass this on to us. Why ?
"Learning to fly is easy.....it's learning when not to fly that's the hard part"
markus_m2
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by markus_m2 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the informative response.
A suggestion from my side if I may: seeing as there's so many invoices to be sent and our postal system is notoriously inefficient (although they seem to be getting better),

Would you not consider an automated system by which invoices are emailed rather than posted?

Think this would alleviate a lot of issues and decrease Icasa's workload.

Regards,
Markus
Dobbs
Frequent AvComer
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by Dobbs » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Peter, this is a breath of fresh air, welcome, and thank you for joining. You have probably got some feeling for the frustration which we experience with ICASA, and I certainly hope that you can assist us in this regard.
skyhigh

Unread post by skyhigh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi guys,have not read all the posts in detail but i would just like to know where you apply,phone number,email address or anything,thanks!
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: Grand Central

Unread post by BenSmit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:36 pm

A suggestion to ICASA and the Mods of Avcom

Would it not be worthwhile to have a sub forum for ICASA as we have for CAA, RAASA, SAWS etc.

This way they can post any general request to the aviation public. As long as someone at ICASA is willing to take ownership I guess?
Ben Smit
I am not young enough to know everything
(Oscar Wilde)
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by BenSmit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Peter.L. wrote:to realign our licence year to conform with the generally accepted business year of 1st April to 31st March, commencing this year 2011. Apart from the fact that far less staff members would be on leave at that time of year, thus spreading the load a bit more evenly and hopefully speeding up the issuing process, accountants and credit clerks at the vast majority of companies would be much happier as licence payments could be better planned for and married to their respective Tax returns.
Hi Peter

Generally accepted surely is 1 March to 28 February - as with Tax year
Ben Smit
(Oscar Wilde)
Chris
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Fape
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Chris » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 pm

BenSmit wrote:
Hi Peter

Generally accepted surely is 1 March to 28 February - as with Tax year
Remember Peter is part of Government. All State departments and para-statals have a March year end.
Chris Booysen
A ship is safe in a harbour, but that is not what it is built for.
dilligaf
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT

Unread post by dilligaf » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Ah, so it's government's "generally accepted business year" ! Not that of its clients.... :roll:
"Learning to fly is easy.....it's learning when not to fly that's the hard part"
BenSmit
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand

Unread post by BenSmit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:08 pm

That was sort of the point I was making. Most clients wil be 1 March - 28 Feb
Ben Smit
(Oscar Wilde)
cvh
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASY

Unread post by cvh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 am

Now ... watch this space, the new licenses will be more expensive ... they have not had an increase for awhile :)
priester
1k poster
1k poster
Has liked: 4 times

Unread post by priester » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 am

Why not issue a radio station license with validity from issue date till a year later, this way the admin is spread evenly over the year.??? :?
The truth, nothing but the truth
toady007

Unread post by toady007 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm

The Last time I spoke to ICASA in February, they told me the Financial Year end has moved to End March, thus the short billings. :shock:

Return to “ICASA”