membership cards

Experimental Aircraft Association of South Africa aims to assist its members with building, flying, and restoring non-type certified aircraft.
markw
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: Emoyeni
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

membership cards

Unread post by markw » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Please send me my membership card.
I need this for entry to Oshkosh for reduced entrance fee.
Mark Warren-Durban 0824553795.
Cheetah XLS
Cessna Reims. Rocket
Evektor Harmony
markw
Flaps set for Take off

Re: membership cards

Unread post by markw » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 am

Today, no response from Eaa, No more memberships of any sort from me.No card NO MONEY!
Cheetah XLS
Cessna Reims. Rocket
Evektor Harmony
Paul Lastrucci
Lining Up
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Paul Lastrucci » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Mark,
I will get onto this tomorrow at the AeroClub as the cards are issued via the Fundi system, I will ask the office to back track your specific instance to resolve it and contact you directly. I will also follow it up with you.

Regarding your membership card unfortunately your local affiliation to the EAA will not suffice as a reduced entrance requirement when you visit Oshkosh, to receive this you would need to join the EAA in the USA. This is an easy task done on line and after parting with $56.00 you will also get the very informative Sport Aviation magazine and access to a host of the EAA USA activities, in my opinion it's well worth it.

I have been pursuing International Chapter status with the EAA Chapter office in the USA so that the EAA Chapters in South Africa can be recognised as International Chapters as was the case from the EAA's inception here in South Africa in 1967. I was referred to Jeff Skiles (US Air Hudson River Ditching) who heads up the Chapters at Oshkosh. He advised that they are doing a complete revamp of the International Chapters and were not at this moment renewing the International Chapter status worldwide for the time being, however intend to tackle this around the second quarter of 2013. I took the opportunity to give him a call and gave a perspective of the EAA here in South Africa and also sent him a couple of issues of Contact, our monthly newsletter which Karl Jensen Chairman Chapter 322 puts together supported with content and activities from the chapters countrywide.

From what I understood, the reason for the revamp is that a few International Chapters were charging for maintaining / signing out Experimental and Amateur built aircraft on their countries register using the EAA USA as the authority, hence setting them up for liability and potential conflict with those countries authorities that may arise should an accident or injury occur. This type of risk would naturally set them up for huge litigation if this was to happen. There were also issues of using the trademarks, logo's etc for gain which is also a transgression of their rules, that they want to make clear.
Jeff was duly impressed at the participation and levels of interest that reside here in South Africa. He requested that when they start with the International revamp they would like us to participate in the discussions and negotiate the requirements when they put them on the table. This will give us an opportunity to discuss member benefits and a host of issues we can identify. We would obviously welcome this and hopefully see some positive changes within the EAA Chapters here in South Africa regaining International Chapters status.
Kind Regards
Paul

EAA of SA National President
cvh
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FASY

Unread post by cvh » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Only EAA USA membership will get you reduced entry at Oshkosh.

But also know that you get and even bigger reduction if your spouse needs entry. just ask :)

Good luck and enjoy!!!
Ugly Duckling
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 236 times

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Mark, after your call to my office last week I have left 2 voice messsges for you on your cell. Nada replies.
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
markw
Flaps set for Take off

Unread post by markw » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:50 pm

Matter resolved.
Thank you.
Cheetah XLS
Cessna Reims. Rocket
Evektor Harmony
Dave Mc Naught
Take off Clearance
Closest Airfield: Virginia

Unread post by Dave Mc Naught » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 pm

So how does one get a membership card. I joined Aeroclub and EAA last year but have never received a card.
SONERAI
Reaching GFA
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by SONERAI » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Contact Aeroclub, all you need is proof of payment, your name and Aeroclub member number.
They don't have a card like in the past but a new printed version that they can email to you if you are a paid up member.
Very friendly and helpful girl at reception.

I didn't renew through the FUNDI system this year, I was at their office in person and it took me less than 5 min to renew with a 2014 membership "Paper" in my hands.
mclulow
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Circus

Unread post by mclulow » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:26 pm

I'm supplying a list of 2014 EAA paid up members to Karl Jensen and he says that he will be printing a separate EAA membership card.

Return to “EAA of South Africa”