Preserving Free Flight

Moderator: Moderators

gertcoetzee
Take off Clearance
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Spam from Aeroclub

Unread post by gertcoetzee » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:54 pm

This weekend I received an email from Chandre Scriven of Aeroclub SA asking me to visit a website to help her win some prize. This was from an Aeroclub email address, with the Aeroclub letterhead added to the bottom of the email.

I object strongly to this spam, and emailed Aeroclub.

I have not received the courtesy of a reply, so copy my email to Aeroclub here. Hopefully this will elicit a response?

"Dear Mr Earle,

As a member of Aeroclub (obligatory due to my membership of Misasa), I strongly object to receiving unsolicited email from your employee in a matter totally unrelated to the business of Aeroclub.

I presume that Aeroclub, as with other entities holding the personal data of a multitude of persons, is bound by the same laws and regulations which forbid the misuse of this information. I will take this up with the relevant authorities, and suggest that myself, as well as all who received this email, be informed what steps will be taken against your employee, and assured that this will not happen again.

Yours

GJ Coetzee

"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lodge
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: fabb

Re: Spam from Aeroclub

Unread post by lodge » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:42 am

did he win the wedding ?
john_will
ATC Delay
Closest Airfield: Wilson

Re: Spam from Aeroclub

Unread post by john_will » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:50 pm

I am not a member of this aero club, but of another.

I would have just clicked the link. Good luck to them.

Cheers.

Return to “Aero Club of South Africa”