Newby to FSX

All your Virtual airline news, online flying and discussions here

Moderator: Moderators

EigerSA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Newby to FSX

Unread post by EigerSA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am

Hi all. I've been flying in FlightGear for ages, and have been flying 'Merlion Virtual Airline' but a lack of S.A. pilots and routes has made me decide to look at more local VA's. Personally I prefer flying smaller aircraft as opposed to "heavy's", so what VA do you guys recommend? I'd like to be based at a Durban hub, but I suppose it wouldn't matter too much to be else where. I don't generally have too much time available to fly for 3+ hours at a stretch, so was thinking smaller airports, sort of "airlink" flights if that makes sense?

I might also need a little help on how to actually fly online, ie settings and such, though I presume it'll change depending on the VA?
HollyWood
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Fala
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Newby to FSX

Unread post by HollyWood » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:33 am

Have a look at Sky World ( http://www.skyworldvirtual.com/ ). We operate in Sa and Eu, and have everything from A380 to C172. Most of the Propjobs are based in FAFB and Munich (Not shure if we have any at FALA). Look at the website, and have a chat with Cornell. We run off the Virtual Airline Financial System to log hours, money spent and earned, Pilot pay and Rating, and damage to planes (so land softly).

Mike
Though i fly through the valley of death, i shall fear no evil, for i am at 30 000 ft and climbing...
marius scheepers
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: EGNX
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by marius scheepers » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am

Hi there,

Well, if i were you i would click on http://www.skyworldvirtual.com and read up on that VA, brilliant, well organised setup, many different hubs and routes and aircraft that would satisfy any hunger.

Give it a shot!
EigerSA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by EigerSA » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Awesome, thanks guys. Application is in to SkyWorld, resignation in to Merlion, hopefully will be in the skies soon!
marius scheepers
Post Take off checks
Closest Airfield: EGNX
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by marius scheepers » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi EigerSA

Jip Application received, questionaire sent, and received back, and you are loaded on our Pilot Roster, WELCOME to Sky World Virtual, we hope that you will enjoy flying for our virtual airline!

Join us on Facebook, we are quite a active community you will find.
HollyWood
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Fala
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by HollyWood » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 pm

And team speak. The CEO is there almost everyday. Just did n tutorial flight with him. Me is trying to lirn the freekin Airbus Extended!!
Though i fly through the valley of death, i shall fear no evil, for i am at 30 000 ft and climbing...

Return to “Virtual Airlines”