Solenta Aviation and Fastjet

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

African Flyer
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Re: Solenta Aviation and Fastjet

Unread post by African Flyer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 am

Speaking of solenta...I was at OR T yesterday and I saw on their office doors by the viewing deck in big bold letters, No Vacancies No CV's.

All the other offices on that corridor had the same thing written on their doors. :? Guess they're tired of people knocking on their doors
Positive rate! :D
Burner
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: LIMB

Unread post by Burner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 am

African Flyer wrote:Speaking of solenta...I was at OR T yesterday and I saw on their office doors by the viewing deck in big bold letters, No Vacancies No CV's.

All the other offices on that corridor had the same thing written on their doors. :? Guess they're tired of people knocking on their doors
Solenta is definitely looking for experienced flight crew and engineers. The employment process is pretty comprehensive, and if you don't have the correct experience then you will be given the run around. Nowadays, despite what the older school generation my feel, hand delivering a CV is pretty useless to a big company. Whilst I disagree with this as it shows interest from the prospective employee; in an industry where a lot of the management pilots are all on the line flying, the quickest way to get your CV to the right person is to just follow the job advert and send an email.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"
macdaddy
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by macdaddy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 pm

African Flyer wrote:Speaking of solenta...I was at OR T yesterday and I saw on their office doors by the viewing deck in big bold letters, No Vacancies No CV's.

I do think the main reason for that sign is because that office is just a little sign on office for the Solenta crew at ORT, so handing in a CV there would not achieve much at the end of the day anyway. :)
swpurvis
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: jhb

Unread post by swpurvis » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Jel
FREDA checks
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by Jel » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:40 pm

So... while its a nice and cosy loan for Solenta and Fastjet essentially its Solenta on the hook for USD12m if this fails or struggles to pay? Money has to come from somewhere...

My feeling is that Solenta are astute enough partners and have a meaningful say in the operations of this business however it is a chunk of change to put into a "LCC" in the current market in my view...

Return to “Airline Chatter”