SAA in Business rescue

Discussions pertaining to Airline operations,safety and training for Flight Deck Crew. Open to anyone who would like to learn all aspects of the Airline industry from a pilots perspective.

Moderator: Moderators

V5 - LEO
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 319 times

Re: SAA in Business rescue

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:31 pm

...just thought about it, this is to the V2 SAA? So when do they plan to start flying, and will Cyrill relax the restrictions to the point that makes it worth for tourists to come - our clowns still differentiate between a tourist and a traveller - for clarity, a tourist is someone comming into the country and uses establishments approved by GRN #-o

....if not, put me down for an easter miscarriage!
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 638 times

Unread post by Whirly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:14 pm

I will go with stillborn and some idiot trying to raise the afterbirth! #-o :roll:

Whirly.
Not every home needs a dog but every dog needs a home.
RobertsL
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by RobertsL » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:00 pm

These last two comments must be the most disrespectful and insensitive remarks I have ever read on avcom. A miscarriage or a stillbirth must be two of the hardest things a woman can go through. How can you use such a painful experience on a public forum, KNOWING there are women who read this. Your vocabulary as well as your imagination needs some serious attention if this is your go-to for an analogy. Utterly disgusted. I am reporting you both.
V5 - LEO wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:31 pm
...just thought about it, this is to the V2 SAA? So when do they plan to start flying, and will Cyrill relax the restrictions to the point that makes it worth for tourists to come - our clowns still differentiate between a tourist and a traveller - for clarity, a tourist is someone comming into the country and uses establishments approved by GRN #-o

[/quote]
Whirly wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:14 pm
I will go with stillborn and some idiot trying to raise the afterbirth! #-o :roll:

Whirly.
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 412 times

Unread post by cage » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:17 pm

RobertsL wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:00 pm
These last two comments must be the most disrespectful and insensitive remarks I have ever read on avcom.
You obviously haven’t been reading much on avcom :lol:

If you get offended by this then you should probably unplug your internet router and sign up to become amish.
These users liked the author cage for the post (total 3):
V5 - LEOSHREKKIEChalkie
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 638 times

Unread post by Whirly » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:40 pm

RobertsL wrote:
These last two comments must be the most disrespectful and insensitive remarks I have ever read on avcom. A miscarriage or a stillbirth must be two of the hardest things a woman can go through. How can you use such a painful experience on a public forum, KNOWING there are women who read this. Your vocabulary as well as your imagination needs some serious attention if this is your go-to for an analogy. Utterly disgusted. I am reporting you both.
V5 - LEO wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Whirly wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:14 pm

Whirly.
[/quote]

Report? #-o Nice first post! If you don't like what we say, don't read or visit here. As far as I know, the word "stillborn" is often used for things (businesses, airlines etc.) that have no chance of succeeding. You have lots of people to report, better hurry. :lol:

Maybe stop trolling, how is that for an idea?

Whirly.
These users liked the author Whirly for the post (total 3):
SHREKKIEWingnutNicolaas206
Not every home needs a dog but every dog needs a home.
Diesel-3
Steep Turn Left
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Diesel-3 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm

Stillborn is a commonly used term outside of the medical profession...

Nothing to see here, move along
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 276 times

Unread post by Roger » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Diesel-3 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm
Stillborn is a commonly used term outside of the medical profession...

Nothing to see here, move along
Thanks for all the reports. I think this is how the mods view it. As a figure of speech.

From dictionary.com:
[ineffectual from the beginning; abortive; fruitless:
a stillborn plan of escape.]
Now back to the topic.
These users liked the author Roger for the post (total 3):
Ugly DucklinghjsWingnut
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
V5 - LEO
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: FYWH
Has liked: 305 times

Unread post by V5 - LEO » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:49 pm

RobertsL wrote:
.....well Linda Roberts, sorry that you have been reminded about a life altering episode by my vocabulary, maybe best not to compare everything against the explicit meaning they represent but to allow a sound mind to accomodate other views and uses thereoff. As noted by previous posters, this is not a place for trolling or pushing any agendas, the topic at hand is a terminally sick national airline, been kept on life support by a defunct regime with the hard earned tax monies of millions - to whom those funds can be the differance between surviving or not! So please just, just....
These users liked the author V5 - LEO for the post (total 4):
SHREKKIEhjsIO520CBWingnut
In God I trust. The masses are never right, the minority are sometimes right, but the truth is always right.
“One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” — Philip Wylie
Slam and Go
Airspeed active
Closest Airfield: YBAF
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Slam and Go » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:49 am

The state of SAA is a handy exemplar of the nation as a whole. Something has got to give.

I just hope that the SAA training department can keep making lemonade, for lack of a better euphemism.
GR III C210 B1900 YDKWYDK
southside
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: around
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 191 times

Unread post by southside » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:10 am

Where is evanb?
Only
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 16 times

Unread post by Only » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:04 am

OUTA is urging South Africans to boycott SAA.

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/s ... 53.article
danie.e
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Henley
Has liked: 103 times

Unread post by danie.e » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 am

And yet, we shall FLY !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
NKruger
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by NKruger » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:33 am

I just cannot understand why the Government is so absolutely hell-bent on keeping SAA alive. Nowhere in any of the hundreds of SAA related comments, responses and strategies published by the Government has a sensible and compelling reason been given why our fiscus remains to the (seemingly endless) disposal of the SAA.

What are we not seeing here?
Only
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 16 times

Unread post by Only » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:10 am

NKruger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:33 am
I just cannot understand why the Government is so absolutely hell-bent on keeping SAA alive. Nowhere in any of the hundreds of SAA related comments, responses and strategies published by the Government has a sensible and compelling reason been given why our fiscus remains to the (seemingly endless) disposal of the SAA.

I am willing to speculate here but this speculation and I have not check the facts. I am also assuming a corrupt free SAA(which is I believe is the main issue).

There might be a bilateral agreement with a country like for example Brazil where SAA provides a direct flight between South Africa and Brazil and in return South Africa benefits by getting some commodity cheaper or something like that.

The other option is to make travel to South Africa more accessible which boost the travel industry and is good for the economy but in the current climate that does not make sense unless they are thinking ahead.

But like I said none this does not make sense to me.
These users liked the author Only for the post:
NKruger
Volo
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAOR
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 276 times

Unread post by Volo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:57 am

NKruger wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:33 am

I think its a little simpler than you may think.
Starting with Thabo Mbeki who set out on a mission to put South Africa as the lead nation in Africa with his agenda at the AOU to show the world that we would save Africa from itself . He had delusions of grandeur about South Africa,s importance and used SAA to link the continent with uneconomic routes and services . For our present government they simply cant take the loss of face that the collapse of SAA has brought on us . In their eyes the loss of stature as a country and being relegated to being a second class state in Africa is simply unbearable for them .
Then there is fact that the government has always used SAA as a transformation tool to bring what they have themselves described as rare skills by training black pilots in particular . In 25 years they have only managed to train something like 50 black pilots out of the total compliment of something like 550 pilots they once had - rather dismal achievement at best even with their race biased employment practices .
Then after all this and the R10 billion they will still not have an airline - no planes - no money - no routes and probably no passengers as I for one will never fly with them .
These users liked the author Volo for the post (total 4):
IO520CBNKrugerIMPIMouser

Return to “Airline Chatter”