Sven Ploger (3 May 2015)

A place to remember our fallen friends, colleagues and aviators that shared our passions for the skies.

Moderator: Moderators

87Juliet
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 106 times

Sven Ploger (3 May 2015)

Unread post by 87Juliet » Mon May 04, 2015 6:21 am

AvCom username(if was a member):
Born: 17-Jan-1973
Passed away date: 3-May-2015
Details of passing: Sven passed after a long illness involving a tumour in his brain and several strokes and heart attacks in the last months (as a result of the full brain radiation in 2006)

I met Sven during basic training at Valhalla in 1991 and ended up in the same mustering as Air-Loadmasters at 28 Squadron at FAWK. We both had only PPL's at that stage and his dad owned a C182 ZS-MZE, which we regularly flew around the lowveld. Sven's dad, Palle Ploger, flew as well, flying for several corporates before going into business.

Sven went on to do his CPL and flew C210's in Namibia before flying the Jetstream J41 for Airlink. He was accepted into SAA as an FO on A340's after this.

Sven was diagnosed with a tumour in his brain in July 2006 and was given 6 weeks to live. He quit flying (for obvious reason) and walked the road of medical treatment, including surgery.

Sven was a real and true friend. He was absolutely selfless and always had other people's well-being as priority over his own. He spent many years as a SAPS Reservist in the Sandton area, had a true passion for wildlife and conservation, held "white hunter" and gunsmith licences, and most of all truly loved flying. He made a real impression on everyone he came into contact with, a true friend and gentleman!

Sven leaves his wife Conny, 500 dogs (felt like it at times), 3 cats, and countless chickens, sheep and various other furry and feathered friends!

RIP Biddie - I will miss you tremendously, fly high and be at peace with the Father.

Pictures:
IMG_0838 - Copy.JPG
[/b]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jacques Taljard: Zero-Ate-Two Niner-4-Wun Seven-Zero-Sex-Too
batman185
Wanna Fly
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Sven Ploger (3 May 2015)

Unread post by batman185 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Sven my friend,

Thank you 87Juliet for the post on a truly wonderful person. I had the privilege of knowing Sven from very early in my life and after our times at 28 Squadron with 87Juliet and others we formed a fantastic frienship that continued on until your sad passing. You were truly a loyal friend, a man with a great sense of humor, a love for nature and determination to face all the difficulties with resolute resolve. The results of your personality are seen in all you achieved in your short years here on Earth, you will be sorely missed but our memories of you will be spoken about for years to come.

To my fellow soldier and airman, aviator and loyal friend, now that you have flown off towards the Sun may you truly Rest in Peace and God speed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
87Juliet
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by 87Juliet » Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

Received a message from Conny re the memorial service:
Confirmation... Memorial service to be held this SUNDAY 10 May at Golden Harvest Retirement Resort Magaliesburg.

DIRECTIONS: About 12km past maropeng. At R24 intersection go straight (sign randfontein and right is Magaliesburg) Travel over railway line. Resort is about 1km on right hand side. Please be cautious it is a very busy intersection. Small church service starts at 11am for close friends and all those who wish to join us in fellowship.
Thereafter we will continue to celebrate Sven's life at the community hall with refreshments. Please park at community hall immediately right at the security gate. It is a pleasant walk up to the chuch for those wishing to join the service. Much love Conny.
87Juliet
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by 87Juliet » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:24 pm

It was effectively a year ago that I said my personal good-byes to this really good friend.

Yup, you definitely lived biddie!
87Juliet
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by 87Juliet » Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 pm

A year has passed and he is remembered regularly.
87Juliet
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by 87Juliet » Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 am

6 years today... Still miss you my friend.

Return to “We will remember them”