old topic : any updates etc on this thread

The Jabiru Engine which is used in many other aircraft.

Moderator: Moderators

sprightlyone
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: darwin
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

old topic : any updates etc on this thread

Unread post by sprightlyone » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:06 am

hi all
is there any up-dates on this old thread viewtopic.php?f=59&t=82492 just curious to know what is available now or any further development s etc
thanks lyle
Justus Venter
Mags Dead Cut
Closest Airfield: FAKT

Re: old topic : any updates etc on this thread

Unread post by Justus Venter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Lyle, what's your interest in this?

The project got canned by the factory due to various issues, mostly business related.
However, the product was developed further and implemented in the USA with amazing results.

I still support all the local factory installations and do non-Jabiru aircraft EFI conversions on request.

I've discussed the continuation of the product several times with Len but his biggest concern is field support. So I guess it is up to me to continue and drive the project but I won't do it without the factory's consent.
sprightlyone
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: darwin

Unread post by sprightlyone » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:31 pm

hi justus
thanks for your reply i haven`t visited for some time but following EFI developments on Jabiru engines to see where they lead hope some day factory will support these mods
T4flyer
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Lanseria

Unread post by T4flyer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 am

Hi Lyle,

Over 300 hours on my factory fitted EFI, 99% on Mogas (I only use Avgas when I have no choice) Best thing I ever did to my Jabi was to fit the EFI, I ran 160 hours on the stock engine before converting to EFI so I have a direct comparison, EFI much better. Justus did the set up of my Jabi's EFI, he is a magician with his laptop :wink: In my opinion is was a sad day when the factory dropped the EFI as it is such a good product and I'm sure with further development it could have been made even better, maybe the factory could authorise Justus to be an approved fitment center or something, anyway glad I had my EFI fitted before the factory dropped it.

Cheers, Don.

Return to “Jabiru Engines”