Like Button

Tips and Tricks to get the most out of your AvCom experience.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
skytrooper
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:39 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by skytrooper » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:37 pm

We need a dislike button as well, that will give a more accurate overall rating, with so many idiots posting the most ridiculous drivel, this will be fun to have.
Last edited by skytrooper on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked the author skytrooper for the post (total 3):
Ugly Ducklingjasv@acweb.co.zaclivem
Ubluwulululululu....!
User avatar
Wonko the Sane
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:23 pm
Closest Airfield: Waterkloof
Location: Centurion
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Wonko the Sane » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:44 pm

skytrooper wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:37 pm
We need a dislike button as well, that will give a more accurate overall rating, with so many idiots posing the most ridiculous drivel, this will be fun to have.
I think that, as mentioned in the run up to this, in about a month's time, the "0 been liked" crowd will see the reasoning for no "dislike" button...


W
I don't care what you think of me! Unless you think I'm awesome - then you're right, carry on!

My flying is not that bad....I've never left one up there..

Andre Dethioux
RPL (MR)
User avatar
skytrooper
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:39 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by skytrooper » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:22 pm

:lol: we still need both a like and dislike thumbs down button, always better to see the results in your face. 0 likes does not necessary mean your post is not liked, most of the time, most people just don't make the effort to vote, except if there are idiots repeatedly posting BS, thats where a dislike button will rub it in where it should, because people will get annoyed to the point where they will actually make the effort to vote !
Ubluwulululululu....!
User avatar
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 15958
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Location: Wilderness
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 358 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by jimdavis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Roger, I am probably being dim, but I don't understand why some posts have the LIKE button and others don't. Do you mind explaining how it works?

jim
"PPL Manual"
"Flight Tests"
"So Others May Live"
"Flying in Africa" Vol 1
"Flying in Africa" Vol 2
Look inside these books, or buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
User avatar
Ugly Duckling
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 pm
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Location: Waterkloof
Has liked: 314 times
Been liked: 236 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Tongue in cheek :lol:

Uncle Jim you have used your quota :^o
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
User avatar
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 15958
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Location: Wilderness
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 358 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by jimdavis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:08 pm
Tongue in cheek :lol:

Uncle Jim you have used your quota :^o
Ha ha ha. Paul, that's very naughty! :lol: :lol: :lol: .

If there was a HATE button I might indeed have used my quota on the amount of BS I keep seeing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jim
These users liked the author jimdavis for the post:
Ugly Duckling
"PPL Manual"
"Flight Tests"
"So Others May Live"
"Flying in Africa" Vol 1
"Flying in Africa" Vol 2
Look inside these books, or buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
User avatar
Ugly Duckling
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 pm
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Location: Waterkloof
Has liked: 314 times
Been liked: 236 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:20 pm

jimdavis wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 pm
Ugly Duckling wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:08 pm
Tongue in cheek :lol:

Uncle Jim you have used your quota :^o
Ha ha ha. Paul, that's very naughty! :lol: :lol: :lol: .

If there was a HATE button I might indeed have used my quota on the amount of BS I keep seeing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jim
There is a special on BS Repellant. Works better than the Unlike button :lol:
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
User avatar
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 15958
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Location: Wilderness
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 358 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by jimdavis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:20 pm
jimdavis wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 pm
Ugly Duckling wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:08 pm
Tongue in cheek :lol:

Uncle Jim you have used your quota :^o
Ha ha ha. Paul, that's very naughty! :lol: :lol: :lol: .

If there was a HATE button I might indeed have used my quota on the amount of BS I keep seeing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jim
There is a special on BS Repellant. Works better than the Unlike button :lol:
Ha ha ha - please order me a carton. :lol:

jim
"PPL Manual"
"Flight Tests"
"So Others May Live"
"Flying in Africa" Vol 1
"Flying in Africa" Vol 2
Look inside these books, or buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
User avatar
Ugly Duckling
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 pm
Closest Airfield: Brakpan Benoni FABB
Location: Waterkloof
Has liked: 314 times
Been liked: 236 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Ugly Duckling » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Take your pick Uncle Jim :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul Sabatier EAA Ch 575, SSSA, ERGC, ERFC, AeroClub
Long time Cygnet builder
The object is to fly, it does not matter what the object is!
User avatar
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 15958
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Location: Wilderness
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 358 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by jimdavis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 pm
Take your pick Uncle Jim :lol:
Hay Paul, you have some really good stuff there. I will take half a tonne of each :lol:

We had better cool it before the rest of your tribe of Mods shut us down! :lol:

jim
These users liked the author jimdavis for the post:
Ugly Duckling
"PPL Manual"
"Flight Tests"
"So Others May Live"
"Flying in Africa" Vol 1
"Flying in Africa" Vol 2
Look inside these books, or buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
User avatar
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7555
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:46 pm
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Location: Port Elizabeth
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Roger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:10 am

jimdavis wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm
Roger, I am probably being dim, but I don't understand why some posts have the LIKE button and others don't. Do you mind explaining how it works?

jim
The only time the like button should not be visible is when it is your own post, or you are not logged in.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.
User avatar
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 10071
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 am
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Location: ..for the grass 35
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 304 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by cage » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 am

Roger wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:10 am
jimdavis wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm
Roger, I am probably being dim, but I don't understand why some posts have the LIKE button and others don't. Do you mind explaining how it works?

jim
The only time the like button should not be visible is when it is your own post, or you are not logged in.
It's not available on the Academy
Chuck
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:08 pm
Closest Airfield: FLKK
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Chuck » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 am

skytrooper wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:22 pm
:lol: we still need both a like and dislike thumbs down button, always better to see the results in your face. 0 likes does not necessary mean your post is not liked, most of the time, most people just don't make the effort to vote, except if there are idiots repeatedly posting BS, thats where a dislike button will rub it in where it should, because people will get annoyed to the point where they will actually make the effort to vote !
I would gladly give you a dislike for this post, but i am glad I can't. The problem with negative ratings that it may be used as a race to the bottom of sorts and fosters negative attitudes on the forum. I have seen this on other forums where members may pile dislikes on other members out of spite even though the content of the post was good. It becomes like a new personal attack. Rather keep it positive.
'What we find on internet, we readily believe, and what we ourselves find, we imagine others find also.'
Julius Ceasar, 44 BC

Your warning level: [1]

http://www.chickenwingscomics.com/comic ... cw0466.jpg
User avatar
Deanw
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6459
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:37 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Deanw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 am

cage wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 am
It's not available on the Academy
Yes, it is.
How come every time my ship comes in I'm at the airport?

http://www.SAairforce.co.za
User avatar
Roger
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Posts: 7555
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:46 pm
Closest Airfield: FAPE
Location: Port Elizabeth
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Like Button

Unread post by Roger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 am

cage wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 am
Roger wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:10 am
jimdavis wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm
Roger, I am probably being dim, but I don't understand why some posts have the LIKE button and others don't. Do you mind explaining how it works?

jim
The only time the like button should not be visible is when it is your own post, or you are not logged in.
It's not available on the Academy
Fixed. Mods could see it, but not the rest.
Don’t take things for granted… Tomorrow is not promised.

Return to “Using the Forum - Tips & Tricks”