The New Instrument Rating Syllabus

RNAV, GNSS, GPSS. Your place to discuss all aspects pertaining to Instrument Flying.

Moderator: Moderators

haydz79
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: fala

Re: The New Instrument Rating Syllabus

Unread post by haydz79 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Koosvr wrote:The following appears on the main page of Pilotexams:
"It has come to our attention that certain individuals have made illegal and fraudulent screenshots of our questions and answers and then sold/distributed them via their Google Drives.

We have laid criminal charges of Theft, Fraud and Public Endangerment against these perpetrators at the Port Alfred SAPS Station, case number CAS 55/02/2018
"

Having a Whatsapp group, discussing (even quoting) questions and answers is all fine but screenshots and 'cut&paste' is illegal. Just be aware of how data is shared. Good luck with the exams.
viewtopic.php?f=265&t=202062

Probably the reason why everyone is passing the IR exam with this guys "Material" :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
ReliHich
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Bush

Unread post by ReliHich » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Hey everyone, I have be contemplating doing an IF rating but with the average success rate of this exam being so terrible I am a little unsure if it is something worth the time and effort to just end up being disappointed at this point in time. Is there anyone that has recently sat this exam that can provide any feedback on if things are any better? From what I understand the best means of study are Avex notes and pretty much the whole CPL syllabus?
Danie Maree
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Grand Central Airport

Unread post by Danie Maree » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Werner.B wrote:
V5 - LEO wrote:...understand that group has been terminated - Patrick?
Yes Leo... Some other guys created a new group now, already had two guys that passed.
Can someone please add me to the new group?
Danie Maree
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Grand Central Airport

Unread post by Danie Maree » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 pm

How many people have passed this exam?

And can someone who has recently passed the exam please give us some good tips/info or what notes to use.
It seems impossible to pass this flippen exam!

It will be much appreciated.
grounded01
Engine Started
Closest Airfield: lanseria

Unread post by grounded01 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Anyway to get onto this group?
DeonWentzel
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by DeonWentzel » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

How do I get onto the whatsapp Group ? o8245857!9
leandreebersohn
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: FAWB

Unread post by leandreebersohn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Can someone on the group please add me I have been stugel with this subject the last 6 months now any help o Eight two three86 seven 33 two
Alex_aviates
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: FASH

Unread post by Alex_aviates » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:19 am

Can someone add me to the whatsapp group, just send me a pm and ill give you my #
fly.high
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Springs

Unread post by fly.high » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:19 pm

Many of you would be aware that SACAA is implementing a new examination system called PEXO. Any heads up on how will this new examination system would affect or bring about any changes in the IR exams??
ar94
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: fagm

Unread post by ar94 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:57 pm

hi guys
how are you ?
I have wrote the ir exam 3 times
so please could you add me in the whats app group so we can help each other
my number is 0636736995
cage
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by cage » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:08 pm

fly.high wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:19 pm
Many of you would be aware that SACAA is implementing a new examination system called PEXO. Any heads up on how will this new examination system would affect or bring about any changes in the IR exams??
By all accounts it is just the system for exams that changes not the content. Should not make any difference.
The PPL exams moved across a month or two ago.
tim.aviation
Engine Started
Closest Airfield: FAWB

Unread post by tim.aviation » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi there everyone

I passed this exam earlier in September on my first attempt. I studied for about 2 months straight and used a system of mock exams called Pilot Exams in addition to the standard Avex books. That system I found to be a lot more relevant to the questions in the IR exam than Questionbank which I used for the other 8 CPL exams.

From my experience, the AWOPS section was the biggest section in the exam. Make sure to familiarise yourself with the approach charts as they are all at least 2 or 3 marks per question in the exam. I also had a lot of RNAV questions in my exam as well as a fair number of basic Met questions.

From my experience, the IR exam is extremely difficult but not impossible. I did only manage 76% but to be honest I am not complaining [-o<
For those that are struggling, I can assure you guys that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Just keep on working hard and I can guarantee you that it can be done. Good luck to all those that are working towards that exam.
Nkazi
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Virginia Airport

Unread post by Nkazi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello all,

I've recently wrote the IR exam for the third time and I'm currently on the 2 months waiting period. On my last attempt i received 60% after 2 months of studying. I used Questionbank and pilot exams for all three attempts.

I've read on the forum that some people suggest exam 11 for this exam, I've been trying to get exam 11 but i can't seem to find it so may someone please point me in the right direction.

Also if anyone has any new knowledge with regards to passing this exam please share, and for those who are on a whatsapp group please add me 071 490 7241.

I appreciate it
fcvanwyk
Flaps set for Take off
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by fcvanwyk » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:18 pm

For those wanting to get Exam 11... its now known as Boeing Courseware and can be bought from https://friebe.aero/pilot-training/boeing-courseware/. All the best with the exams...
Koosvr
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Port Alfred

Unread post by Koosvr » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:14 pm

All the latest questions and study material is available on Pilotexams. Their pass rate currently exceeds 70% plus.
I must admit, the air schools that offer a proper IR course do have a greater pass rate. Also, do not under-estimate the NZ and FAA study material. These are used for the "practical" questions.

Return to “Instrument Flying”