The New Instrument Rating Syllabus

RNAV, GNSS, GPSS. Your place to discuss all aspects pertaining to Instrument Flying.

Moderator: Moderators

Spawn
Preflighting
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Re: The New Instrument Rating Syllabus

Unread post by Spawn » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:07 pm

See the forum has gone very quiet.... guys must be aceing the exam!!!

Any additional help would be appreciated, currently using pilotexam and general CAA notes?

Thanks 🙏
Impossible is nothing
Devin564
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Devin564 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:46 pm

If you have the cash available, I would go to Infinite Aviation's IR ground school - they clarify a lot of the material.

Pilotexam & QuestionBank help a lot as well.

Good luck all (I was lucky & managed to pass first time).
Werner.B
Lining Up
Closest Airfield: Ellisras
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by Werner.B » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:19 pm

If anyone is interested in buying a Jeppesen ATPL Book set (Complete), whatsapp me 0.7.2.6.9.0.6.6.6.1
New they go for R19599, selling mine for R10 000. The set is barely used.
ZU-NRC
ZU-CIM
Skyhawk7500
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Cape Town
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Unread post by Skyhawk7500 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi,
Studying for IR exam. If the group still active please add me.
Thank you

+267 77 44 3057
Johnny4x4
Fuelling up
Closest Airfield: FAPE

Unread post by Johnny4x4 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:44 am

I'm chopping down the forest one tree at a time for the IRops exam, Studying any material I get, and using many online tools. I switched from Questionbank to Pilotexams after my first attempt as the format and diagrams of the questions seem to be more in-line with Pilot exams.

I decided to work through every single IR question question that is on Pilotexams, and flag any that don't know 100%. Then study and revise only these questions. So out of 2700 questions and ended up with 600. Unfortunately the "practice flagged questions" did not have the "select random (x number)" or the "start at X from Y". I emailed them, and with in a couple of hours that added the functionality and sent me an email to ask to test it. I think that is great service. Well done
Last edited by Johnny4x4 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koosvr
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Port Alfred

Unread post by Koosvr » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:05 am

Johnny4x4 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:44 am
I'm chopping down the forest one tree at a time for the IRops exam, Studying any material I get, and using many online tools. I switched from Questionbank to Pilotexams after my first attempt as the format and diagrams of the questions seem to be more in-line with Pilot exams.

I decided to work through every single IR question question that is on Pilotexams, and flag any that don't know 100%. Then study and revise only these questions. So out of 2700 questions and ended up with 600. Unfortunately the "practice flagged questions" did not have the "select random (x number)" or the start at "start at X from Y". I emailed them, and with in a couple of hours that added the functionality and sent me an email to ask to test it. I think that is great service. Well done
Thanks Johnny4x4. At Pilotexams we try our best to keep up with customer requests. The flagged option is now also available for PPL and SFI.

Return to “Instrument Flying”