Sorted for now* Opportunity for female in game capture industry

Positions in the Administrative, Operational, Engineering or any other aviation support field.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
This section is provided for individual organisations to post their positions available or for job seekers to place their CVs. Recruiting agencies are not permitted to post in this section and should make contact with ads@avcom.co.za in order to make use of the Professional Recruiting Agencies section found at the top of the Job Centre section.
C Africa
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: Opportunity for female in game capture industry

Unread post by C Africa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 am

Splat wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:29 am
C Africa wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:12 am
We're on page two already and I still haven't seen what it is that this person will be DOING. I've seen some things that comes with the job, but not what the job actually is?

Is it a secret?

C
She must be prepared to be trained to dart out the chopper, and netgun if required (i will supply all the training). She will need to be able and willing to assist with the ground capture team logistics when required as well as admin for my personal business (Gai Game Services).
Well without belaboring the point, when the words included are" "she must be prepared to..." and "She will need to be able to assist...." Then it sounds as if these are little extra things that she might have to do over and above the main job, which is not apparently clear.

Anyway, free bump.

C
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by Rotor kop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:27 am

C Africa wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 am
Splat wrote:
C Africa wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:12 am
We're on page two already and I still haven't seen what it is that this person will be DOING. I've seen some things that comes with the job, but not what the job actually is?

Is it a secret?

C
She must be prepared to be trained to dart out the chopper, and netgun if required (i will supply all the training). She will need to be able and willing to assist with the ground capture team logistics when required as well as admin for my personal business (Gai Game Services).
Well without belaboring the point, when the words included are" "she must be prepared to..." and "She will need to be able to assist...." Then it sounds as if these are little extra things that she might have to do over and above the main job, which is not apparently clear.

Anyway, free bump.

C
Thanks for the free bump =D> Pretty much what is in the initial page of this thread is what is required. Not much more. Help where required on the ground (usually at the mass capture boma), help with admin and marketing (pretty self explanitary), dart out chopper when required, netgun out of chopper when required (this may not be possible if she is super lightweight because netgun is heavy and can recoil), get Avgas if one of our other drivers are not available. Make me coffee (i will also make her coffee sometimes), and just help out wherever during captures. Those who sent CV's already have the answers. I have 3 shortlisted so far and intend to do interviews today and tomorrow. One is from Avcom =D> =D> =D> Still waiting for one Avcomer to send her CV [-o< Hope this helps? If you want a job description title, i would say Partner, or as i call my current lady "co-pilot" :) , or Personal Assistant to Air capture team, or even Aircrew. Choose one or add suggestions :twisted:
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
Falafel
Stall training
Closest Airfield: FALA_LCY
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Falafel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 am

Rotor kop wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:27 am
C Africa wrote:
Splat wrote:

Anyway, free bump.

C
Thanks for the free bump =D> Pretty much what is in the initial page of this thread is what is required. Not much more. Help where required on the ground (usually at the mass capture boma), help with admin and marketing (pretty self explanitary), dart out chopper when required, netgun out of chopper when required (this may not be possible if she is super lightweight because netgun is heavy and can recoil), get Avgas if one of our other drivers are not available. Make me coffee (i will also make her coffee sometimes), and just help out wherever during captures. Those who sent CV's already have the answers. I have 3 shortlisted so far and intend to do interviews today and tomorrow. One is from Avcom =D> =D> =D> Still waiting for one Avcomer to send her CV [-o< Hope this helps? If you want a job description title, i would say Partner, or as i call my current lady "co-pilot" :) , or Personal Assistant to Air capture team, or even Aircrew. Choose one or add suggestions :twisted:
Lol people can be pedantic... basically should have started the thread off as a "personal assistant"... someone tasked with supporting my business across a diverse range of tasks and duties including but not exclusively.......

Great opportunity... If I was female, 40kg lighter, 25 years younger, unmarried, without children... would apply in a flash :!: :!: :!:
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:45 am

Falafel wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 am
Rotor kop wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:27 am
C Africa wrote:

Anyway, free bump.

C
Lol people can be pedantic... basically should have started the thread off as a "personal assistant"... someone tasked with supporting my business across a diverse range of tasks and duties including but not exclusively.......

Great opportunity... If I was female, 40kg lighter, 25 years younger, unmarried, without children... would apply in a flash :!: :!: :!:
Now that is exactly what i should have said =D> =D> =D>
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:34 am

Have you thought of putting your ad in a 4x4 forum and maybe a hunting forum - might get some more takers there ...
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
Splat
Engine full power confirmed
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Splat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 am

I pulled this from my studies for your next inquiry :D

A good job description should include the following information:

position title (not the personal name of the incumbent or job holder)
main objectives of the position
reporting relationships (to whom the incumbent reports, and any subordinate positions
reporting to this position)
educational level, special training and/or licences required
job-related activities
personal requirements (personality requirements needed to do the job, such as perseverance,
self-motivation and initiative)

When a vacancy needs to be filled, the HR manager cannot simply place any person in the
job without knowing what the tasks, duties and responsibilities involve. The tasks, duties
and responsibilities of the job determine the kind of person who will be able to do it.
Rgds
George
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Splat wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 am
I pulled this from my studies for your next inquiry :D

A good job description should include the following information:

position title (not the personal name of the incumbent or job holder)
main objectives of the position
reporting relationships (to whom the incumbent reports, and any subordinate positions
reporting to this position)
educational level, special training and/or licences required
job-related activities
personal requirements (personality requirements needed to do the job, such as perseverance,
self-motivation and initiative)

When a vacancy needs to be filled, the HR manager cannot simply place any person in the
job without knowing what the tasks, duties and responsibilities involve. The tasks, duties
and responsibilities of the job determine the kind of person who will be able to do it.
Thanks Splat. I need my co-pilot to do this next time :lol: 8)
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Jack Welles wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:34 am
Have you thought of putting your ad in a 4x4 forum and maybe a hunting forum - might get some more takers there ...
Jack no i did not. But i think i have the right lady. She will hopefully join next weeks kalahari capture and we can decide from there =D>
Jack Welles
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Jack Welles » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Rotor kop wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm
Jack Welles wrote:
Jack no i did not. But i think i have the right lady. She will hopefully join next weeks kalahari capture and we can decide from there =D>
:smt023 good luck going forward, hope it works out well for both of you ... :D
Jack Welles (thriller_author pen name)
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Welles/e/B073VJQTTX
Eddie Haynes-Smart
Textbook - "The Lore of Negotiation"
http://www.loreofnegotiation.com
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Jack Welles wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm
Rotor kop wrote:
Jack Welles wrote:
:smt023 good luck going forward, hope it works out well for both of you ... :D
Thank you good man [-o<
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Whirly » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Rotor kop wrote:
Jack Welles wrote:
Ag ek is bly, ek wou nou net bel om te laat weet ek sallie kan saamgaan nie! :P

Whirly.
Every dog needs a home and every home needs a dog (or two or three).
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Whirly wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:13 pm
Rotor kop wrote:
Jack Welles wrote:
Ag ek is bly, ek wou nou net bel om te laat weet ek sallie kan saamgaan nie! :P

Whirly.
Neee vrek. Dankie tog Whirly #-o #-o #-o :lol:
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Rotor kop wrote:
Jack Welles wrote:
Just need to mention i have not stopped taking CV's. I still want a few more before finalizing. I have decided to take the shortlisted ladies each on a capture and then we can make a call. So please keep them coming but dont send me an initial email with "demands" and 20 questions. I will not reply :wink:
Alan Robertson
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAGC or front garden
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by Alan Robertson » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi Rotor Kop

Sorry to be the one to ask the obvious and I’m not being facetious, but why is gender important apart from the fact that females tend to be lighter than males?

Couldn’t you rather advertise for the skill set and weight requirements and get the best person for the job?

Regards

Alan
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand

Unread post by Rotor kop » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:57 am

Alan Robertson wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:48 pm
Hi Rotor Kop

Sorry to be the one to ask the obvious and I’m not being facetious, but why is gender important apart from the fact that females tend to be lighter than males?

Couldn’t you rather advertise for the skill set and weight requirements and get the best person for the job?

Regards

Alan
Alan i did just that in the beginning. The lightest oke that gave a weight was 86kg. The others over 100kg but "where willing to loose the weight" , so i just removed the male part. Also i currently (for the last number of years) work with a female and never had a days issue with her. Men tend to have parties (drink with the boer) way more often and then i have to deal with a guy who has only had few hours sleep. At R2000+ per dart i am not very tolerant of that. Hope that answers your question. Oh and also i get fed and sometimes a coffee 8)

Return to “Administration, Operations, Engineering and Other Support”