Hill HX50 helicopter

Rotary Wing, Rotor Craft and Helicopter discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Eddybear
Rolling
Closest Airfield: Kitty Hawk
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: Hill HX50 helicopter

Unread post by Eddybear » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Peregrine wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:49 am
Apologies if I upset you jbayfan. Maybe the word “gullible”? Look it up, it’s not nasty …
This is not something that is possible to do!
The word 'gullible' has been removed from the dictionary.
Peregrine
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by Peregrine » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:03 pm

Eddybear wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:12 pm
Peregrine wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:49 am
Apologies if I upset you jbayfan. Maybe the word “gullible”? Look it up, it’s not nasty …
This is not something that is possible to do!
The word 'gullible' has been removed from the dictionary.
Ha! Nice try Eddybear, I’m not gullible 😉
Peblehead
Hee Hee I'm Flying
Closest Airfield: Foar26ly
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 99 times

Unread post by Peblehead » Tue May 10, 2022 10:15 pm

apart from elaborate undercarriage testing and sharing of the findings there has IMO been little development in the last few weeks? Has anyone got more dope? Are they giving more detailed information to those who have paid a deposit they don’t share with us ?..
Fransw
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Has liked: 523 times
Been liked: 252 times

Unread post by Fransw » Wed May 11, 2022 11:51 am

Peblehead wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:15 pm
apart from elaborate undercarriage testing and sharing of the findings there has IMO been little development in the last few weeks? Has anyone got more dope? Are they giving more detailed information to those who have paid a deposit they don’t share with us ?..
I think Hill's information giving is a couple of months behind the actual progress. I believe in this guy! He's not doing anything extraordinary only using current technology in a simpler, smarter and more cost-effective way.

Another 2 poms turning their industries upside down : www.ineosgrenadier.com and www.krakenyachts.com go check it out...

Edit: My only problem with this thing is I think its too pretty for our conditions here in Africa... :wink:
syphon
Stall training
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by syphon » Wed May 11, 2022 9:16 pm

Fransw wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:51 am
Another 2 poms turning their industries upside down : www.ineosgrenadier.com and www.krakenyachts.com go check it out...
Both of which have already produced an actual product. #justsaying

Sorry I know that this comes across as trolling but there are plenty of Poms and any other nationalities that have turned industries upside down. However they seem to be very few new aviation success stories. Our own Sling apart!! And they seem to have done it by starting small and building up!

Edited to correct spelling
You can have fast, good or cheap; now pick two!
Fransw
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Unread post by Fransw » Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am

syphon wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:16 pm
Fransw wrote:

Sorry I know that this comes across as trolling but there are plenty of Poms and any other nationalities that have turned industries upside down. However they seem to be very few new aviation success stories. Our own Sling apart!! And they seem to have done it by starting small and building up!

Yes I take my hat off for the Sling guys!(said it many a times..)

I really hope this guy will succeed. I have a good feeling about this. It only takes one bright oke to change something completely...
Peblehead
Hee Hee I'm Flying

Unread post by Peblehead » Fri May 13, 2022 10:48 am

Fransw wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am
syphon wrote:
Fransw wrote:

I really hope this guy will succeed. I have a good feeling about this. It only takes one bright oke to change something completely...
I hear you…the challenge with a helicopter is the prime mover reliability and after months there are no technical data sheets or running models of this new “wonder turbine” yes loads of Bentley type interior shots and cabin layout but no nuts and bolts , drivetrain, gearbox swashplate and so on…. I would have thought that before taking deposits and offering big purchase incentives there would have been a flying protortype ?
I don’t have a warm feeling on this I find it very similar to the PAL V story, that has been the flying car that started as a high end Gyroplane some 11 years ago and now has so many investors including the Dutch Government roped in yet no evidence of it ever flying…Hill Helicopter is so far just CGI, and as far as I can still see just a dream of a few talented engineers who are playing
Rotor Mad
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Kroonstad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Rotor Mad » Fri May 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Peblehead wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:48 am
Fransw wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am
syphon wrote:

I hear you…the challenge with a helicopter is the prime mover reliability and after months there are no technical data sheets or running models of this new “wonder turbine” yes loads of Bentley type interior shots and cabin layout but no nuts and bolts , drivetrain, gearbox swashplate and so on…. I would have thought that before taking deposits and offering big purchase incentives there would have been a flying protortype ?
I don’t have a warm feeling on this I find it very similar to the PAL V story, that has been the flying car that started as a high end Gyroplane some 11 years ago and now has so many investors including the Dutch Government roped in yet no evidence of it ever flying…Hill Helicopter is so far just CGI, and as far as I can still see just a dream of a few talented engineers who are playing
You are correct it is only a dream nothing else but computer generated pictures
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by the mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of $h!t by the clean end.
Peblehead
Hee Hee I'm Flying

Unread post by Peblehead » Sat May 14, 2022 9:01 am

I see on linked in that Hill H is now looking for a talented videographer with a unique vlog style who can continue to deliver content? The job was advertised yesterday?

Why can’t they just post post pictures of the actual helicopter using a normal camera …
..ah yes because it’s as been said a dream that lives in green hills of the UK …I would be very uncomfortable if I had paid the deposit they they required two years ago
I have taken a screenshot of the linked in advert sadly I have no idea how to post it it
Fransw
Six Tousand
Six Tousand

Unread post by Fransw » Sat May 14, 2022 9:40 am

Peblehead wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:01 am
I see on linked in that Hill H is now looking for a talented videographer with a unique vlog style who can continue to deliver content? The job was advertised yesterday?

Why can’t they just post post pictures of the actual helicopter using a normal camera …
..ah yes because it’s as been said a dream that lives in green hills of the UK …I would be very uncomfortable if I had paid the deposit they they required two years ago
I have taken a screenshot of the linked in advert sadly I have no idea how to post it it

They are looking for a videographer( https://www.hillhelicopters.com/careers ... deographer ) to film the build process of the HX50, said so in the previous q&a video... It's a very good way of marketing your product to the new generation. All the successful companies are doing that, Sling included.

My gullible self believe/want to believe in this project :D
Whirly
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Closest Airfield: Ermelo
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 1089 times

Unread post by Whirly » Sat May 14, 2022 11:07 am

Frans,

Believe it or not, so do I.

Whirly.
Not every home needs a dog but every dog needs a home.
jbayfan
Reaching altitude
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 108 times

Unread post by jbayfan » Sun May 15, 2022 12:21 pm

C182, C210, PA30, PA34, 7ECA, R2160i, AC11, BE55, BE58, BE90, BE20, B190, BE99, C501, DC3, DHC6, B732, B733, B734, B744, A319, A320, A332, A333, A342, A343, A346, R44, UH1H

Return to “Rotor Wing”