ATC COMMENTS PLEASE RE C TOTS

Questions for Air Traffic Navigation Services.

Moderator: Moderators

WILDOG
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: RAND AIRPORT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

ATC COMMENTS PLEASE RE C TOTS

Unread post by WILDOG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 pm

pLEASE CAN ALL 2 atns BOFFINS EXPLAIN TO ME WHEN OUR C TOT ON MONDAY LAST WEEK WAS 10:23B -we start calling for start from 10:10, standby,stand by , we get start at 10.20 and taxi out at 10.24.
We end up being number 9 in the Q at the holding point 03L -we end up taking off at 10:51 WTF
So tell me ATC boffins-how the F%&K does this work?? The c tot system at ORT is nothing more than a scam and a joke and totally dysfunctional.
The tower controllers are so useless and slow, my 5 year old could do a better job. Come try you say-please pm me I will be there and show you how people who understand there job can do it well.
The worst section of ORT ATNS IS THE TOWER controllers are pathetic. Go to Dublin and see what a real single runway ops works.

Tower controllers please resign and let people with balls and brains take over.
Romeo E.T.
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAJS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Re: ATC COMMENTS PLEASE RE C TOTS

Unread post by Romeo E.T. » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 pm

WILDOG wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 pm
Go to Dublin and see what a real single runway ops works.

Tower controllers please resign and let people with balls and brains take over.
C TOT'S are not specifically for runway occupancy
You can cram in as many take-off's and landings as is safely possible,
but
A radar controller has to be ready (AND ABLE) to accept all the aircraft thrown at him by the tower and area controllers
it is my understanding, that CTOT's also take into account the radar airspace saturation.

and if the radar controller has reached his/her saturation limit, then the tower controller will be given a delaying instruction as far as CTOT's vs reality of taxiway/runway occupancy is concerned.
sometimes we suffer a bit from C.R.A.F.T. sickness..Can't Remember A F@#%ing Thing

https://www.facebook.com/ralf.t.schulz
Romeo E.T.
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAJS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Romeo E.T. » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 pm

I seem to recal that the CTOT's recieved from the ATC at PLZ and at CPT, where based on our arrival time at the JNB TMA (or similar), so even if there was not a single aircraft movement on the ground at PLZ, our CTOT at PLZ, was governed by our expected arrival at ORT
sometimes we suffer a bit from C.R.A.F.T. sickness..Can't Remember A F@#%ing Thing

https://www.facebook.com/ralf.t.schulz
MemyselfandI
Airspeed active
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by MemyselfandI » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am

Ja...what can I say... but, that it has deteriorated from top notch to 3rd world rest of Africa standards. :cry:

Return to “ATNS”