Air Traffic Information

Questions for Air Traffic Navigation Services.

Moderator: Moderators

Hippo
Flight Planning
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Air Traffic Information

Unread post by Hippo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:20 am

Hello

I'm an engineer trying to determine the probability of an aircraft crash into a nuclear facility at Vaalputs in the Northern Cape (30° 8' 3S 18° 31' 36E).

I need to know the following:
1. If there are any reserved flight corridors above or within 30 km of the facility.
2. Which airports are using those flight corridors and the number of flights within those corridors.
3. I managed to identify these airports within the vicinity: Bosluispan, Springbok, Aggeneys, Loeriesfontein, Koingnaas, Kleinsee, Oranjemund, Upington, Cape Town Intl, Luderitz, and George.
How can I find the number of flights per annum to and from each airport?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards
H
craigg123
Flight Planning

Re: Air Traffic Information

Unread post by craigg123 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Besides Upington, Cape Town and George all those airports are uncontrolled so you would have difficulty in determining exact figures. For info about airways etc. Try CAMU(Central airspace management unit) on 0119286433 but best bet would probably be to just send them an email on camuhelpdesk@atns.co.za

If they can't help you try the ATM(Air traffic management ) department at ATNS head office. Reception number is 08600286726
craigg123
Flight Planning

Re: Air Traffic Information

Unread post by craigg123 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Oh and in my opinion the biggest risk of a crash would come from GA aircraft operating low level in the vicinity of Vaalputs and you will be hard pressed to find any info on their activities

Return to “ATNS”