Too old to become ATC

Questions for Air Traffic Navigation Services.

Moderator: Moderators

airbusa346
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: ZBAA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Too old to become ATC

Unread post by airbusa346 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:30 am

Hi there , I just would like to know if becoming an ATC is still a option, when you are in your mid thirties? I am overseas and want to return to South Africa next year. I would have done this course a few years ago at ATNS but had to put it on hold for personal reasons.
Barsukai
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Virginia

Re: Too old to become ATC

Unread post by Barsukai » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Hey, aurbusa346.. Check on the atns.co.za website. Under vacancies or careers. I'm not 100% sure of age restrictions, I think around 23 was the last I know of. But give them a call. Send your cv. I know of one or two guys getting in who was in mid 30's. If they need atc's, age wouldn't be a the deciding factor. Though. You might wait months before any contact. So in my opinion. Send your cv through the website. Then give them a call on 011 607 1000 and check when next intake is. Might give you some time frame.

All the best
airbusa346
Airborne from Unmanned field
Closest Airfield: ZBAA

Re: Too old to become ATC

Unread post by airbusa346 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:05 am

Barsukai wrote:Hey, aurbusa346.. Check on the atns.co.za website. Under vacancies or careers. I'm not 100% sure of age restrictions, I think around 23 was the last I know of. But give them a call. Send your cv. I know of one or two guys getting in who was in mid 30's. If they need atc's, age wouldn't be a the deciding factor. Though. You might wait months before any contact. So in my opinion. Send your cv through the website. Then give them a call on 011 607 1000 and check when next intake is. Might give you some time frame.

All the best
Thanks a lot Barsukai

Return to “ATNS”