King shaka tma

Questions for Air Traffic Navigation Services.

Moderator: Moderators

rene210
Preflighting
Closest Airfield: new tempe
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

King shaka tma

Unread post by rene210 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 am

Can anyone please give me some info or explain why information would clear you to enter the TMA only to be told by approach after being handed over that you must remain clear of the TMA. Surely information must be in contact with approach so approach will know your alt, heading etc. It was a VFR flight to Virginia on a flight plan.
MemyselfandI
Engine full power confirmed
Been liked: 6 times

Re: King shaka tma

Unread post by MemyselfandI » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:14 am

Sounds like two controllers having a tiff. Strictly speaking, the info guy/gal can not 'clear' you into the TMA. I'm surmising that when asked, the APP guy/gal said no and the info guy wasn't having any of it and didn't want to be the one telling you no, so handed you off to APP and let it look like APP is the bad guy/gal. <---- My opinion !! :)
rene210
Preflighting
Closest Airfield: new tempe
Been liked: 0

Re: King shaka tma

Unread post by rene210 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:39 pm

It happened twice a few months apart. Not a crisis though. Just annoying. 1st time i nicked the TMA on the descend and caused a bit of a stir.

You are correct in stating info cant clear you into the tma but the lady did say "cleared tma inbound FL095 etc" if i recall correctly then handed me over to approach. Friendly controllers though at king skaka.

Return to “ATNS”