Cropspray and R22 v R44?

Two-seat R22 and four-seat R44 helicopters.

Moderator: Moderators

ehs
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Cropspray and R22 v R44?

Unread post by ehs » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Hope it's allowed to post the same post in two forums, if not someone please advise and I will delete it, but this in the General section so wondered if it shouldn't actually be in the Robbie section

Hi all, have some time on my hands while medical issues are addressed. Looked at small FW for spraying and have the requisite numbers but now want to compare this to small helos.

Does anyone on this forum do any spraying with a small helo?

If so, what approved spray systems do you use? Cost and any systems secondhand available locally, perhaps?

Any thoughts re a preference for 22 over 44 (even B47 or Soloy - but may be getting expensive here), ie, not just better carrying capacity but also along the lines of which is financially more effective per ha?

Also wondered if maybe there would be 44's around with low annual use and now soon to face the dreaded 12 year overhaul (read rebuild) and which could do with some serious paid-for hours in the last year or two to help cover the cost? Thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any info on these portentous :wink: matters :lol: .
Eddie Haynes-Smart
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Cropspray and R22 v R44?

Unread post by tanglefoot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:29 pm

ehs wrote:Hope it's allowed to post the same post in two forums, if not someone please advise and I will delete it, but this in the General section so wondered if it shouldn't actually be in the Robbie section

Hi all, have some time on my hands while medical issues are addressed. Looked at small FW for spraying and have the requisite numbers but now want to compare this to small helos.

Does anyone on this forum do any spraying with a small helo?

If so, what approved spray systems do you use? Cost and any systems secondhand available locally, perhaps?

Any thoughts re a preference for 22 over 44 (even B47 or Soloy - but may be getting expensive here), ie, not just better carrying capacity but also along the lines of which is financially more effective per ha?

Also wondered if maybe there would be 44's around with low annual use and now soon to face the dreaded 12 year overhaul (read rebuild) and which could do with some serious paid-for hours in the last year or two to help cover the cost? Thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any info on these portentous :wink: matters :lol: .
No thoughts or advice on either of your posts, I'm afraid.

However, thank you for the threads. Keeps the Robbies forum on the first page :wink:
Wings are for fairies. Runways are for models...........................................
Don't get caught by Business Directory Scams. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/55011156703/
Historical info on stopwbd.za.org
ehs
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0

Re: Cropspray and R22 v R44?

Unread post by ehs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:28 am

Heh heh - must say was doing it for selfish reasons but anyway glad that it has an unforeseen secondary benefit ... :D
Eddie Haynes-Smart

Return to “Robinson Helicopters”