Service Bulletins

Two-seat R22 and four-seat R44 helicopters.

Moderator: Moderators

tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Service Bulletins

Unread post by tanglefoot » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:01 pm

SL-40 Oil Level fluctuation. seems to apply to very new R44's only. Not my problem.

SL-41 Ground handling Wheels. Robinson have now decided that you need a left and a right oriented ground handling wheel and new helicopters are being produced like that (wheels inboard of the skids). Why? Goodness knows. The only plus is that with time the old wheels will be less likely to be redistributed.
Wings are for fairies. Runways are for models...........................................
Don't get caught by Business Directory Scams. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/55011156703/
Historical info on stopwbd.za.org
spinning blades
Engine Started
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Has liked: 0

Unread post by spinning blades » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Hello tanglefoot :)
In the pilot's seat.....only!
ZS-SCZ
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:18 pm

SB80 - Pop-out Float Cylinder Valve

For completeness sake there was a safety bulletin issued way back in September for those of you with pop out floats on your R44's. Applies to Raven I and Raven II.

Not much use having pop-out floats if they don't pop-out :?
Wings are for fairies. Runways are for models...........................................
Don't get caught by Business Directory Scams. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/55011156703/
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Pete » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm

On February 21st, 2012 Robinson Helicopter Company issued five Service Bulletins covering required improvements to the company’s R22, R44 and R66 model helicopters

Robinson R22
Service Bulletin 106 (SB-106): Rotor Brake Switch (Parts at no cost if ordered before 31 May 2012, Labour for fitting about 0.7 Hours)

Robinson R44
Service Bulletin 78A (SB-78A): Revised SB, Bladder Fuel Tank Retrofit (Compliance has been brought forward from before 31 Dec 2014 to 31 Dec 2013)
Service Bulletin 81 (SB-81): Hydraulic Servos (Applies to some sevos assembled after March 2010 to be removed and inspected)
Service Bulletin 82 (SB-82): Rotor Brake Switch (same as R22)

Robinson R66
Service Bulletin 3 (SB-03): Rotor Brake Switch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Man, you're on the ball :D I was getting bored looking at the Robinson website and finding nothing and here we have a WHOLE new lot of expenses to budget for :lol: Funny thing is that we've brought in our bladder tanks but now I need to find an AMO that I TRUST to install them :?

Thanks Pete
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by Pete » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Was a surprise for me as well :shock: but relatively minor thank goodness :D

Ordered my tanks for the R44 last year and RHC only forecast delivery end April.
I have to also get the fuel selector done on my R22 8-[
kickersa
Fuelling up

Unread post by kickersa » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:47 pm

My tanks have arrived. Quick question ... what did you end up paying for freight charges?
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:31 pm

kickersa wrote:My tanks have arrived. Quick question ... what did you end up paying for freight charges?
Mine landed for R52k ex VAT incl. 10% handling from the AMO. That was Nov last year. Exact breakdown not known. Would be nice to get some comparative figures.......
kickersa
Fuelling up

Unread post by kickersa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:14 am

will check my invoices, but if memory serves, I paid USD 6800 @ R8.50 + R8800 freight Plus vat
csparksfly
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FAWB
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by csparksfly » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:50 am

How much do the bladder tanks affect you CofG(Centre of Gravity)? and BEW(Basic Empty Weight)?
Skill and luck - always have enough of both
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by Pete » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:37 pm

csparksfly wrote:How much do the bladder tanks affect you CofG(Centre of Gravity)? and BEW(Basic Empty Weight)?
Csparks I have copied pages from both the POH and tank fitting instructions.
Looks like the bladder tanks add just under 15lbs to the empty weight. (slight difference between Raven and Raven II )

This is effectively negated though as the new max fuel capacity is reduced from 50.1 US gal to 47.7 (-14.4 lbs)
Each machine will have its particular mass and balance schedule updated after the mod.

Hope this answers your question! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
csparksfly
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by csparksfly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks Pete, it helps. Reason I ask is that I have seen a few helicopters return from being "Bladdered" with weight and balance arms changing more than expected.

Would you agree with what I am saying here:
(For helicopters having previously complied with R44 Service Bulletin SB-68:
R44 II Fuel Tank (Bladder Tank) 14.47 -0.12)
Thus am I right: Taking previous W&B values one should add 14.47lbs to the BEW, and subtract 0.12 inches from the previous BEW arm?
What are values for each tank, as the weight and balance example has values for both Aux as well as Main tank?

Seems for the added safety one loses about 9 minutes worth of fuel?

Thanks, Craig.
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:20 am

csparksfly wrote:Thanks Pete, it helps. Reason I ask is that I have seen a few helicopters return from being "Bladdered" with weight and balance arms changing more than expected.......
Don't forget to take out as much stuff as you can from the helicopter. Bottles of water, oil, cloths, bags and whatever. None of these items were in the helicopter when it was originally weighed (and the AMO doesn't remove them) and they all contribute to moving the CG forward.
csparksfly
Frequent AvComer

Unread post by csparksfly » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 am

..that is if they actually re-weigh it. I'm thinking they apply the diff wrong...
Skill and luck - always have enough of both
Pete
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by Pete » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 am

A bulletin has just been released (R44SB-83) on the R44 series re cracking tail rotor blades.

Particular care must be taken on the pre flight inspection of the C029-1 and -2 blades looking for possible cracks on the inboard leading edge section of the blade.

A POH page is attached to the bulletin to be printed in pink and included in the POH that warns of high stresses induced by large left pedal inputs.

If the C029-3 blade is installed this bulletin is done away with.

Return to “Robinson Helicopters”