Where did you go in your Robbie today!

Two-seat R22 and four-seat R44 helicopters.

Moderator: Moderators

tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Where did you go in your Robbie today!

Unread post by tanglefoot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Mjejane Lodge on the road to Komatipoort about 30km's past Malelane.

I had obtained permission to land at the Lodge, right on the banks of the crocodile river. Unfortunately the weather didn't play along. This is the first time in my 3yrs of going places that we had to abort the flying trip and go by car.

When we got to Witbank the skies cleared and the rest of the trip was quite flyable. I was kicking myself thinking I should have waited it out at Rand and found a gap. Coming back on Monday there was a bit of rain near Malelane but with a little bit of low flying I could have made it up the escarpment. However, all HELL broke loose just after Belfast with some of the worst weather I've seen from the ground and suddenly I knew why I was driving instead of flying!!

Anyway, I'm posting this open letter here for a bit of exposure (and because the Robbie thread needs some new posts):
Dear Sirs,

Over the years we have supported a number of three cities establishments, some not even part of the three cities stable anymore but the group has always been considered when booking a holiday, perhaps no more.

We have just returned from spending three nights at your Mjejane Lodge on the, stay for 3, pay for 2, special over the Easter weekend. Craig, Riaan, Simon, Chris, Gift and the rest of the staff were great and they helped to make our stay a (mostly) enjoyable and relaxing one.

But, had we known that we were to be (an unwilling) part of the "Winchester Marketing" Time share/Fractional Sales/whatever marketing drive on Sunday 04 April we would have chosen to go elsewhere.

The 20 or so guests at Mjejane Lodge already stretched the small staff to capacity but the 40+ so-called 'potential buyers' caused the whole system to grind to a halt. After booking into a small personal lodge, like Mjejane, and then to find ourselves part of a Warmbaths Aventura resort type event was unpleasant, to say the least.

Having 20 odd children running amuck and acting like hooligans was not what we had paid for.

Having 40+ 'day-trippers' piling their belongings outside our bedroom was not what we had paid for.

Having the same 'day-trippers' trying to open our locked bedroom door so that they could use our bathroom was NOT what we had paid for.

Having a sales discussion outside our room while we are trying to rest was NOT what we had paid for.

Having the facilities (5 or six tables, as many deck chairs and a swimming pool) overrun by 40+ 'free' guests was not what we had paid for.

Having 60+ people at a resort with 11 rooms was not what we paid for.

All the staff could do is offer an apology and tell us that it was beyond their control.

If this is how you intend improving the occupancy rate for Mjejane Lodge then I, for one, hope you fail. Hopefully enough people will read this open letter on the forums that I have posted it on to make a difference and you can be assured that I will be the first to tell anyone that is interested (or not) about my experience.

Please read the guest questionnaires for guests leaving on 5 April. Ours in not amongst them but I'm hoping that this letter will make up for that.

This is not just about bad service. In my opinion it was premeditated sabotage. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Regards
Grant Brook
cc Craig Bester (GM, Mjejane Lodge)
cc http://www.avcom.co.za
cc http://www.hellopeter.com
Wings are for fairies. Runways are for models...........................................
Don't get caught by Business Directory Scams. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/55011156703/
Historical info on stopwbd.za.org
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:11 am

Wow,

After 6 days (4 working days) I have received an apology from three cities, a phone call and apology from Winchester Marketing and an apology and offer of a free weekend from the owners of Mjejane lodge. There is a mailing list of 11 people who are involved in addressing my 'unhappiness'.

I guess, even if I felt strongly about my experience at http://www.mjejaneriverlodge.co.za the response does show their concern and willingness to redress the situation.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 13 April 2010 09:02 AM
Subject: RE:

Good morning Mr. Brook,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for only responding now. I have been in Botswana with limited access to emails.

I fully understand your concerns and frustration considering the location of the Lodge and purpose of your stay. Mjejane Lodge has entered into a Sales and Marketing agreement with the Three Cities Group, therefore we do not manage the day to day business anymore, however-we do have certain strict criteria's in terms of standards of the product and service to be maintained to remain under such agreement.

I have copied Craig (the GM) into the mail to discuss with the owner of both the residential and lodge itself -Mr. Willie Joubert who would contact you directly on this matter.

Even though-as mentioned the Three Cities Group had no dealings nor carried any knowledge of the event that took place-we nevertheless sympathize with your terrible experience and trust Mr. Joubert and Craig would resolve the matter amicably with yourself.

Kind Regards

Marius Earle
Operations Director

Three Cities Management
Wings are for fairies. Runways are for models...........................................
Don't get caught by Business Directory Scams. Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/55011156703/
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Parked on the lawn in front of Champagne Castle hotel. Food is still terrific. Beautiful quiet place without all those bl00dy choppers doing mountain training 8-[
15072010028.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:43 pm

If you you want a little good KZN country hospitality and value for money accommodation then drop in at Emoyeni Guest Lodge (http://www.microlighting.co.za).
17072010029.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Maritzburg Model Aircraft club hosted the KZN pattern aerobatics provincials this past weekend. RUT made a 'guest' appearance.
P7180705.JPG
P7180704.JPG
Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Rotor kop » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm

tanglefoot wrote:Maritzburg Model Aircraft club hosted the KZN pattern aerobatics provincials this past weekend. RUT made a 'guest' appearance
That is how it should be - no porta loos able to bug the peace and quite!! great stuff TF - Some okes just have all the luck :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
echodelta
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Depends on where I am
Has liked: 0

Unread post by echodelta » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: with envy.... :D
Know thyself and thou shall know all the mysteries of the gods and of the universe.
tanglefoot
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand

Unread post by tanglefoot » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm

echodelta wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: with envy.... :D
WTF do the other 199 registered Robbie's (not counting 22's) DO (Other than shoot Rhino's :twisted: ) :?: Surely SOMEONE else must travel around a bit :? Where are the photo's :!:
Chopper1
Rolling

Unread post by Chopper1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:25 am

ZS-HTB at Nampo
ZS-HTB at Nampo 2008-05-15.JPG
Tinus Bosch

"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again" - Franklin P. Jones
Chopper1
Rolling

Unread post by Chopper1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 am

ZS-HTB at Nampo - 2009
ZS-HTB & ZS-HGC at Nampo - 2009-05-14.jpg
Tinus Bosch

"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again" - Franklin P. Jones
Chopper1
Rolling

Unread post by Chopper1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

ZS-HTB at Cathedral Peak
ZS-HTB at Cathedral Peak 2009-05-09.jpg
Tinus Bosch

Chopper1
Rolling

Unread post by Chopper1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:42 am

ZS-RML at the Vaal Dam
ZS-RML at the Vaal Dam - 2--0-10-20.JPG
Tinus Bosch

Chopper1
Rolling

Unread post by Chopper1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:47 am

ZS-RWV - Drakensberg
ZS-RWV - Drakensberg - Oct 2007.jpg
Tinus Bosch

Chopper1
Rolling

Unread post by Chopper1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:49 am

ZS-RWV at Inhambane, Mozambique
ZS-RWV at Inhambane - Dec 2009.jpg
Tinus Bosch

Chopper1
Rolling

Unread post by Chopper1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Zs-HTB at Guinjata Bay, Mozambique
ZS-HTB on Private Helipad at Guijata Bay, Mozambique.JPG
Last edited by Chopper1 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinus Bosch

Return to “Robinson Helicopters”