Potential Wire Strike Hazards

Two-seat R22 and four-seat R44 helicopters.

Moderator: Moderators

Rotor kop
Seven Thousand
Seven Thousand
Closest Airfield: OR Thambo
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Potential Wire Strike Hazards

Unread post by Rotor kop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am

Can't we add this or at least start a similar Airporttiki with a list of know wires under provinces then areas with the province? Maybe even the clever guys can put them into a format that can be downloaded to gps's? Just like Century Avianics did with airfields??
To fly is Heavenly, but to HOVER is Divine
I'm not driving fast - i'm flying low
echodelta
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Depends on where I am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Potential Wire Strike Hazards

Unread post by echodelta » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:50 am

Rotor kop wrote:Can't we add this or at least start a similar Airporttiki with a list of know wires under provinces then areas with the province? Maybe even the clever guys can put them into a format that can be downloaded to gps's? Just like Century Avianics did with airfields??
When this thread was started I started development on a website where wire strike hazards could be reported and displayed. Unfortunately other higher priorities set in, so the project was abandoned. It went relatively far, though, and if you guys are really interested in something like that I could make available what I have already developed and we could see how things progress from there...

I also started talking to CAA about partnering with them in terms of information exchange (database integration etc.) and they were quite keen, but I never really pursued the idea further.

Now, if only I could clone myself... :roll:
Know thyself and thou shall know all the mysteries of the gods and of the universe.

Return to “Robinson Helicopters”