Moderator: Moderators

cmacm
Mags Dead Cut
Closest Airfield: Grand central
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

wanted - fuel cap

Unread post by cmacm » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 am

Hi All I am looking for a replacement fuel cap for a RV , opening 50 mm (cam type with o ring )
Chalkie
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAPX
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 282 times

Re: wanted - fuel cap

Unread post by Chalkie » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm

cmacm wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 am
Hi All I am looking for a replacement fuel cap for a RV , opening 50 mm (cam type with o ring )
I fitted locking caps so do have two spare, I could let you have one when couriers start operating again.

Just a thought: Did you lose one or is it leaking?

Attachment-1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cmacm
Mags Dead Cut
Closest Airfield: Grand central
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by cmacm » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:43 am

Hi Chalkie , thanks for the reply I have also had a response from someone at Panaram , just waiting for the lockdown to be completed and have agreed to go and confirm size etc . Yours looks great it is for a RV 10 . I was asking for a friend so do not know the deatails of how the original got lost but will get back to you if it doesnt fit . Thanks
Chalkie
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAPX
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 282 times

Unread post by Chalkie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:50 pm

cmacm wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:43 am
Hi Chalkie , thanks for the reply I have also had a response from someone at Panaram , just waiting for the lockdown to be completed and have agreed to go and confirm size etc . Yours looks great it is for a RV 10 . I was asking for a friend so do not know the deatails of how the original got lost but will get back to you if it doesnt fit . Thanks
ALL RV-s same fuel cap in kit.
sweptwing
Frequent AvComer
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 34 times

Unread post by sweptwing » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:29 pm

I bought a set of Andair Fuel Caps at Oshkosh in 2012. Not cheap at US$ 109 for the set, even at the time, but have never looked back since. Proper quality, you can feel it when you lock it. Make no mistake, the key does not actually secure your fuel... thieves can still straign it out from the bottom but it does make it nice and flush with the key action.

http://www.andair.co.uk/product/locking-fuel-cap/

Tell your friend it will be money well spend. I think Comet Aviation Supplies at Rand might be able to order them for him.
“For each of them, the most important thing in living was to reach out and touch perfection in that which they most love to do, and that was to fly.” Richard Bach

Return to “Van's Aircraft”