Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

kudu177
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: Rand

Re: Classic Trump

Unread post by kudu177 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Jel wrote:Saying that America is built on immigrants is in no way justification for bringing more in...
Tell that to all the Yanks who lean so heavily on cheap Mexican labour. You know, the housekeepers, the fruit pickers, the office cleaners ... those people who do the work that Americans won't.

You can't have your cake and chuck it back over the wall.
Nav is a good life lesson: pick a point on the horizon and go there
Jel
Finals (unmanned)
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by Jel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm

I think you could look at it as, Mexicans also have jobs whereas in Mexico they might not have, quid pro quo! Its not only one sided... they didn't go to America to help the Americans, they went to get a job, which they have done and received... cheap or not its money where they may not have had any... its not as simple as Americans only relying on cheap labour...
kudu177
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by kudu177 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Jel wrote:I think you could look at it as, Mexicans also have jobs whereas in Mexico they might not have, quid pro quo! Its not only one sided... they didn't go to America to help the Americans, they went to get a job, which they have done and received... cheap or not its money where they may not have had any... its not as simple as Americans only relying on cheap labour...
So, erm, what about Haitians and other immigrants who go to America to get jobs whereas at home they might not have had one? :?

Mexicans went to America to get jobs, yes. Probably just like other immigrants.

My point is, start pushing the illegals back over the border to Mexico (or Puerto Rico or Honduras or Haiti or El Salvador or Wisconsin :twisted:) and there will be a violent sh!tstorm from those Americans soon to be deprived of their cheap labour, even as they whine, like exhausted toddlers, about the influx of immigrants.
chunky
Aircraft in Hangar
Closest Airfield: Tedderfield

Unread post by chunky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Imagine this country could attract a few well educated immigrants.... Norway perfect.

Maybe try and initiate an exchange type program. A continental swapping system. :wink:
Last edited by chunky on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kudu177
1k poster
1k poster

Unread post by kudu177 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm

Marius Schrenk wrote:But he has a point (even though it might not be PC to mention it) Do some analysis on any river's water.....and the average product of "our" education system.....then decide. :roll:
Our rivers are poisoned. A national disgrace. I have given up working as a river guide in Gauteng and won't take my kayak on many others because I'm tired of the stink and the jippoguts.

And the plastic, always the bloody plastic, hanging in every tree, every bush and carpeting every river bank.
Jel
Finals (unmanned)
Closest Airfield: FALA

Unread post by Jel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:18 pm

As people who have been blessed with resources and arguably the most beautiful countries in the world we should not rely on this to justify that many of us live in sh$tholes.... I am not going anywhere but there is certainly an element of truth in what he is saying albeit crass and lacks any form of empathy, and yes I believe he is racist however it would be better if the likes of Noah and Mannas could say "greetings from the most EDUCATED country in the world", or "greetings from the country enjoying the highest levels of growth in the world", and not simply rely on something which frankly speaking we cannot take responsibility for and are currently doing an exceptional job of screwing up :!: :!:

For everyone so indignant of the comment, please advise, what is it exactly that we have to be so proud of :?: Remember Elon Musk studied overseas for his higher education, and please don't say Charlize Theron? There is always one who can make it but as nations of millions of people the levels of success that Africa and Haiti (mentioned by Trump) have enjoyed relative to the world, we should be more introspective rather than use the rather easy racism card because this card may be avoiding some very uncomfortable truths....
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jel on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chunky
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by chunky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Former Jewel of Africa. Now basket case.
Expilot
Stressed Eric ain't got nothing on me
Closest Airfield: FAHT

Unread post by Expilot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Jel wrote:Bringing in Musk, Theron and Noah is hadly justification for a blanket acceptance of all from South Africa...

Saying that America is built on immigrants is in no way justification for bringing more in... times change and so should policies (running a business for the past 5 years one way hardly justifies continuing regardless of the times changing)...

This is not a racist comment necessarily... mass immigration from a 1st world country likely leads to educated people entering the system, from a 3rd world country largely means uneducated... its really simple and not rocket science
+1 - I will put money on it that in 20 years from now some countries (read European) will have lost their culture, their history, their language and much more due to the influx of people from “shitholes”
Chris
cage
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAGC

Unread post by cage » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Expilot wrote: +1 - I will put money on it that in 20 years from now some countries (read European) will have lost their culture, their history, their language and much more due to the influx of people from “shitholes”
How backwards a view can anyone have?
The US is a relatively new culture made up entirely of foreigners that departed shiteholes (apart from the locals that got shot to hell but that's an inconvenient truth).
The UK as an example is a mix of all the people that have become residents and is a more vibrant place because of it.

All these "first world" nations happily accepted foreigners to do jobs that were beneath them, places hard working people took and built small businesses.
Now the world changed and all the locals do is look at foreigners and begrudge the success they worked for while locals sat on their ass letting the world pass them by.

In the US there are over 3M jobs that can't be filled - welders, plumbers, people that work with their hands - but no one wants it, because it is beneath them, yet if foreigners fill the void and make a living then they are "stealing jobs".

Ignorance and stupidity has become the norm and people hide behind bigotry to blame others for a problem they created for themselves.
They deserve Trump and I hope they get everything they wished for, with knobs on..
vanjast
Ooops forgot to turn the fuel back on!
Closest Airfield: 200

Unread post by vanjast » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Oh boy!! :roll: another lefty-know-it-all without a scrap of evidence to back it up :twisted:
Goldfinger
Pre-take off checks
Closest Airfield: FAVV

Unread post by Goldfinger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 am

Jel I agree with your original post

Trumps Comments might not be palatable to some, but they are True.

I don't agree with Cage's view to immigration in Western Countries like the UK and the USA.
the Multicultural Societies in Europe / USA is an unmitigated disaster.

Immigration is only good if the immigrants can integrate into the host countries population within two generations.

This immigration where anyone can come and live in parallel society to your host and not accept your hosts cultural and traditional will lead to Xenophobia in the not to distant future.

In my View Trump is trying to stop this . ( maybe not in the best or polite way )
cage
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand

Unread post by cage » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 am

Come on okes, the horse has bolted. You think any change is going to make a difference to something that has gone on for decades or centuries?
This has nothing to do with the mass influx of "refugees" that plagued Europe.
People apply to immigrate and generally on the basis of employment or some relevant skill or investment.
Skills aren't limited to Norway and the like.
All cultural groups tend to stick together, whether it's saffers in the UK or Germans and Americans locally, people tend to join up with people that have a similar heritage.

The numpty could have talked about sensible controls for immigration, programmes to focus on specific skills etc but like usual he just shot his mouth off because "tough talking" get's things done, except when tough talking ends up being the sort of thing you expect from a verbally challenged teenager not the president of the US of A.
chunky
Aircraft in Hangar

Unread post by chunky » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 am

cage wrote: The numpty could have talked about sensible controls for immigration
He is..... Wanting to know why they are having to deal with immigrants from other 'shitholes' when they have their own to worry about.

Might not be the most PC mechanism but he definitely seems to want to put his people first. I would have expected that from a president.

Our president. He sold us out to not the highest bidder but the first bidder who also happen to be ''immigrants' from another 'shithole'.

Africa has 'that' Africa problem from top to bottom. Referring to it as a 'shithole' is rather complimentary
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Closest Airfield: 300m from home

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 am

chunky wrote:
cage wrote: The numpty could have talked about sensible controls for immigration
He is..... Wanting to know why they are having to deal with immigrants from other 'shitholes' when they have their own to worry about.

Might not be the most PC mechanism but he definitely seems to want to put his people first. I would have expected that from a president.

Our president. He sold us out to not the highest bidder but the first bidder who also happen to be ''immigrants' from another 'shithole'.

Africa has 'that' Africa problem from top to bottom. Referring to it as a 'shithole' is rather complimentary
:lol: :lol: Now you can keep Hok busy.....today I would watch cricket. :wink:
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.
cage
8000 Tousand
8000 Tousand

Unread post by cage » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am

I'm glad trompie has given some of the local disenfranchised something to justify their view of the world, somewhere to put their misplaced anxiety at our current leadership.
There is a thin line between rejecting political correctness and just being a subtle bigot though, there is little subtle about the biggotry of much of his core support.

He is as destructive to the US as zoompies is here, just in a wholly different way.

I'm sure there is some brilliant master plan to all of this that justifies trashing a bipartisan plan for immigration. It will be great, very great - the greatest.
No doubt.

Return to “123.45”