Corona Virus

Aviation Trivia, Jokes & Humour

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4708
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Galway Airport
Location: Galway
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by paulw » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:17 pm

Recovery rate now faster than death rate
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
HJK 414
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5929
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 pm
Closest Airfield: Alicante
Location: Spain / Germany
Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 537 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by HJK 414 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:24 pm

excolonial wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:25 pm
That footage seems very disturbing. what is it supposed to be? Shooting of quarantine breakers?

P,

I think that it shows "patients" that have died from the disease - (lying in the street (pushed away by tenants of the block, afraid to be infected... )
and that the armed police officers are culling pets and animals in the neighbourhood.

I doubt whether they will be shooting human patients - they would get crucified ….

JK
User avatar
Christo Kritzinger
Engine full power confirmed
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:58 pm
Closest Airfield: Burgersdorp
Location: Burgersdorp
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by Christo Kritzinger » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:43 am

User avatar
Fransw
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5445
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm
Closest Airfield: Pretoria
Location: Pretoria
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by Fransw » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Lifted from their www:


As the coronavirus continues to spread, global media coverage has been predominantly focused on the number of new cases of the virus recorded around the world as well as the number of deaths it has inflicted. Statistics regarding the number of people recovering from the coronavirus have not attracted as much attention but they do exist. According to tracking from the Johns Hopkins University, the number of people recovering from the virus is increasing, though a huge gap does exist compared with new infections.
As of February 11, 2020, at least 4,200 people have made recoveries, the vast majority of them in China. Patients in other countries have also made progress with ten recovering in Thailand, along with seven in Singapore. Three patients have also gotten better in the United States, Malaysia and South Korea. Even though the statistics are promising, there are still more than 43,000 confirmed cases of the coronavirus worldwide.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4708
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Galway Airport
Location: Galway
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by paulw » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:03 pm

The rate of infections seem to taper off as well as deaths and recoveries increasing exponentially. Officially.

There are people from China who seem to think not all deaths are recorded though. They seem to think only those dying in hospitals are recorded as dying from Coronavirus and others dying at home of unknown causes and thus not recorded.
Don't know how true.
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
hugo_visser
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 pm
Location: Petit Airport FARA ( Benoni )
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by hugo_visser » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:33 pm

Why did the Chinese very quickly build 2 hospitals ??
What don't we know ?
Hugo
User avatar
Wingnutter
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2356
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:14 pm
Closest Airfield: Chek Lap Kok VHHH
Location: Hong Kong
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by Wingnutter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:39 am

Looks like the market recovery based on the reduction in new cases was premature:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society ... -confirmed
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.
HJK 414
Fife Thousand feet
Fife Thousand feet
Posts: 5929
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 pm
Closest Airfield: Alicante
Location: Spain / Germany
Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 537 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by HJK 414 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am

Wingnutter wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:39 am
Looks like the market recovery based on the reduction in new cases was premature:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society ... -confirmed

Wingnutter,

Change in criteria ….. :?
Do we all remember the little forms we had to fill in at HKG at arrivals during the swine flu period ........ #-o

Do you feel tired
Do you have a headache
Do you have fever
Were you on a farm in the last 10 days

IIRC that was it ……
I was on CX direct from JFK to HKG and filled in YES at "tired" and "headache" …... #-o
I was immediately "segregated" even before I got to the customs .... :shock:
Explaining that I was tired and had a headache / and was honest about it - simply from sitting in the B777 for 16 + hours did not help.

Ultimately - at last he gave me a new form - told me to re-submit that to him - and when I had filled in NO at all boxes was free to go home.

As for Corona ..
I simply do not believe any of the info coming out of the PRC - and we are seeing video's and phone recordings of towns that seem to have dozens of deceased - how that adds up to the publicized total - I have no idea

JK
User avatar
danie.e
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Posts: 3696
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:13 pm
Closest Airfield: Henley
Location: Vereeniging
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by danie.e » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:22 pm

It is my opinion that the WHO figures are the closest to reality we will ever get.
Danie.e
Don't just stik it, Drastik it
S.A. Agent for ASP Engines, CY Models, King Max servos and Amass servo leads. Reseller of RCGF Petrol engines, Smartfly powerboxes, SkyRC Chargers and Power Supplies - http://www.aspaviation.co.za
User avatar
Wingnutter
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Posts: 2356
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:14 pm
Closest Airfield: Chek Lap Kok VHHH
Location: Hong Kong
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by Wingnutter » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 pm

HJK 414 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am
Wingnutter wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:39 am
Looks like the market recovery based on the reduction in new cases was premature:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society ... -confirmed

Wingnutter,

Change in criteria ….. :?
Do we all remember the little forms we had to fill in at HKG at arrivals during the swine flu period ........ #-o

Do you feel tired
Do you have a headache
Do you have fever
Were you on a farm in the last 10 days

IIRC that was it ……
I was on CX direct from JFK to HKG and filled in YES at "tired" and "headache" …... #-o
I was immediately "segregated" even before I got to the customs .... :shock:
Explaining that I was tired and had a headache / and was honest about it - simply from sitting in the B777 for 16 + hours did not help.

Ultimately - at last he gave me a new form - told me to re-submit that to him - and when I had filled in NO at all boxes was free to go home.

As for Corona ..
I simply do not believe any of the info coming out of the PRC - and we are seeing video's and phone recordings of towns that seem to have dozens of deceased - how that adds up to the publicized total - I have no idea

JK
Honesty is not always the best policy!

I figure the accuracy of their Corona virus figures are inline with their GDP growth figures....

There is so much conflicting info, but I think the most accurate indication of the nature of the beast is the Diamond Princess cruise liner in quarantine in Yokohama: 219 infected at last count, almost 10 percent, so the virus is obviously highly contagious, but no deaths yet.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.
Triaan
Take off Clearance
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:11 pm
Closest Airfield: FALA
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by Triaan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:10 pm

Looks like this is now quickly escalating, over 1,700 medics were infected.
User avatar
131sixfive
Pre-take off checks
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:07 pm
Closest Airfield: FABL
Location: Bloemfontein
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by 131sixfive » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 pm

The Mail and Guardian has this article on South Africa's' plans to evacuate citizens from China.

https://mg.co.za/article/2020-02-14-sas ... ronavirus/
User avatar
Burner
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:21 pm
Closest Airfield: LIMB
Location: Milan and Algeria
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by Burner » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:26 pm

131sixfive wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 pm
The Mail and Guardian has this article on South Africa's' plans to evacuate citizens from China.

https://mg.co.za/article/2020-02-14-sas ... ronavirus/
They should just do what the vast majority of foreign governments of done to repatriate citizens from Wuhan have done. Contract an ACMI operator with experience in this sort if thing. Kalita, HighFly, etc...
User avatar
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4708
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Closest Airfield: Galway Airport
Location: Galway
Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by paulw » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Looking at this graph, it seems that the reported case of infection wasn't done for a few days and then caught up again. So now number of infections back where it should have been at the initial rate.

corona2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
User avatar
Marius Schrenk
Niner Tousand
Niner Tousand
Posts: 9999
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 pm
Closest Airfield: 300m from home
Location: Inni skadu van n kameeldoringboom.
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Corona Virus

Unread post by Marius Schrenk » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:00 am

Burner wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:26 pm
131sixfive wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 pm
The Mail and Guardian has this article on South Africa's' plans to evacuate citizens from China.

https://mg.co.za/article/2020-02-14-sas ... ronavirus/
They should just do what the vast majority of foreign governments of done to repatriate citizens from Wuhan have done. Contract an ACMI operator with experience in this sort if thing. Kalita, HighFly, etc...
The Chinese (rightly so) has a policy that no one should leave to contain the virus at source. They would expect any crew to go into quarantine with their passengers for 14 days before leaving.
Politics attracts crooks and lawyers,most of the time its the same person.

Return to “123.45”