Moderator: Moderators

ajmey52
Preflighting
Closest Airfield: FAPS
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

GPL to TMG

Unread post by ajmey52 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi there I was wondering. In order to obtain your TMG license/ rating. What is the needed steps to follow, if you already have you GPL?
J27Alpha
Flight Planning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: GPL to TMG

Unread post by J27Alpha » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:02 pm

After great pain and confusion, I managed to get the actual requirements out of RAASA ...
(Note, this might or might not change so confirm with them first) But I finished the rating last week, so this is what worked for me :-) Hope this helps
Note: Up until the day I wrote the exam they didn't know what exam was needed, so expect some confusion... It's a very basic exam ....

Conversion requirements to get a TMG endorsement on a GPL
1. Write a conversion exam at a RAASA approved testing center.

2. Minimum of 10 flights in a TMG

3. Two dual cross country flight with a duration of not less than 90 minutes flown at normal cruising speed, of which at least one will be a navigation test.

4. One solo cross country flight , duration of not less than 90 minutes flown at normal cruising speeding including a full stop landing at point other than the point of departure and destination (with no engine shut down or soaring requirements; and

5. At least one dual and one solo flight into controlled airspace including a full stop landing and take-off at a controlled airfield.

6. The skills test with a Grade A or B TMG instructor

Good Luck !

Regards
Jason
ajmey52
Preflighting
Has liked: 0

Re: GPL to TMG

Unread post by ajmey52 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Thank you very much Jason. That helps a lot.

Return to “RAASA”