Bearhawk s/n 1050

Designed by engineer Bob Barrows, the BEARHAWK is being built in many countries around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

B.hawker
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: George
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Bearhawk s/n 1050

Unread post by B.hawker » Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 am

Howzit Jay, Great to see things are moving forward on 1050! Your workmanship is awesome and you'll get great satisfaction when it comes to attaching them to your spar's - that's when it all comes together and starts looking like a wing (beeeg one at that)

When it comes to the ailerons, give me a call, there is a small mistake (might have been corrected on plans younger than mine) one of the tail ribs are drawn showing the flange the wrong way - it was covered on the Yahoo group too so I'm sure you'll pick it up.

870 is coming on slowly - I have routed the aileron cables and got them working, flaps are working also (just prelim fit on both) just one thing to remember when you get to it - the flap springs specified in the plans are 'Fly door springs' which you get at a hardware - either our SA springs are different to those in the US or the ones I got were rubbish - the flaps work on a cable to deploy but spring to retract - mine don't retract so the springs are too weak - its a real bitch to change these once the wing is covered so try and get good springs before you close up.

Chat soon,
B
www.irwinaerospace.com
Bringing the benefit of flight to millions more people in developing regions - globally.
Jayson v Schalkwyk
Too Tousand
Too Tousand
Closest Airfield: Himeville
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Jayson v Schalkwyk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Hey B,

Thanks for the tail rib tip. Will make sure I check that my plans have been changed. Sorry your sping not holding up. Any chance you can post a few more pics of 870? Do you need a hand on anything? Think its overdue for a visit at MVE. How is that developing? Sure its keeping you busy???

1050 is coming along slowly. Now have a 5 week old son at home, and am sure you know, thats a job all on its own!

Will try get back in my 'shop'.

J
Jayson van Schalkwyk

A pilot's professionalism is judged by how he flies when nobody is looking
P.E.
Pre-take off checks

Unread post by P.E. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 pm

I am interested in a plans build aircraft and have been looking at the Bearhawk quite a lot. Could you please contact me on 083 4410 446. Or let me have a contact no where I can phone you.
Regards
Jeffrey
paulw
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Closest Airfield: Wonderboom
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by paulw » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Hawkerdriver wrote:Hey B,

Thanks for the tail rib tip. Will make sure I check that my plans have been changed. Sorry your sping not holding up. Any chance you can post a few more pics of 870? Do you need a hand on anything? Think its overdue for a visit at MVE. How is that developing? Sure its keeping you busy???

1050 is coming along slowly. Now have a 5 week old son at home, and am sure you know, thats a job all on its own!

Will try get back in my 'shop'.

J
Did you complete it?
Don't believe what I post, research what I post....
They have a book on how to take my money away? When did this happen......
P.E.
Pre-take off checks

Unread post by P.E. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi, could somebody please help me with contact detail of the chap that does the Lexus motors?
Jayson v Schalkwyk
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by Jayson v Schalkwyk » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi PE,

How you doing? If I recall, they go by the avcom handle of "micsa". Try search for them. If no luck, try "bearhawker", he will have their details for sure!

Have you started building? :D

Jayson
Jayson van Schalkwyk

P.E.
Pre-take off checks

Unread post by P.E. » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Not yet but possibly in the next month or so. Please forward me your cell no. Would like to chat to you about it
Allisteve
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Vereeniging

Unread post by Allisteve » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Is there anyone close to or in Vaal-triangle area that's also building a Bearhawk? And is there anyone that knows of someone that welds together tube fuselages?

Many Thanks!

Shaun
Jayson v Schalkwyk
Too Tousand
Too Tousand

Unread post by Jayson v Schalkwyk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi Shaun, Same Shaun from iraq?
Jayson van Schalkwyk

Allisteve
Wanna Fly
Closest Airfield: Vereeniging

Unread post by Allisteve » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi Jayson!

Yes, the one and only! I sent Wayne a PM about the fuselages. Waiting for a reply. Had a chat before I came back with Paul in Springs. He has no issue with being my AP, but advised me to try and get someone closer to home. I received his number and two more from RAASA. Will be following up on that this week.

Regards

Shaun
Flynut
Engine Still Cranking
Closest Airfield: Polokwane

Unread post by Flynut » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi All

I am seriously looking at the Bearhawk and some Cub replicas like the Teddy and other. I do not have the time to build but would rather get a professional builder. Do you have some estimates on the patrol all inclusive excl build cost. Who can one contact to build it.

Cheers
Andre

Return to “Bearhawk”