ZS - PME Accident Wattville - 3 Deceased RIP

What your instructor never taught you. Continuing your education and learning from others. Flight safety topics and accident/incident discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Peregrine
1k poster
1k poster
Closest Airfield: FAGC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: ZS - PME Accident Wattville - 3 Deceased RIP

Unread post by Peregrine » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:00 am

Some follow-up:

Since offering to help with free accident report checking / editing in May 2018, I had one sit-down session with the authoring team of the ZS-PME at the end of last year, with no follow-up or feedback. I do not even know whether a final report has been issued. No other assistance has been requested for other reports ... Oh well, I tried.
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 302 times

Unread post by cage » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:42 am

Peregrine wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:00 am
Some follow-up:

Since offering to help with free accident report checking / editing in May 2018, I had one sit-down session with the authoring team of the ZS-PME at the end of last year, with no follow-up or feedback. I do not even know whether a final report has been issued. No other assistance has been requested for other reports ... Oh well, I tried.
Gold star for effort P, it's more than many others have tried to do. You have officially earned your right to complain.
Such a pity.
There does seem to have been an improvement with recent reports, not that it is perfect by any means.
Perhaps prompts from people like yourself has helped motivate some change.
ACE MAN
Tree Tousand
Tree Tousand
Closest Airfield: FAKT+VHHH+FAPX
Has liked: 331 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by ACE MAN » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:25 pm

cage wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:42 am
Peregrine wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:00 am
Some follow-up:

Gold star for effort P, it's more than many others have tried to do. You have officially earned your right to complain.
Such a pity.
There does seem to have been an improvement with recent reports, not that it is perfect by any means.
Perhaps prompts from people like yourself has helped motivate some change.
Cage , I read the Comair/mango accident report and feel it was heavily watered down.
IITYWTMWYBMAD
Nomakhanjani
¯¯VAF¯¯
cage
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 302 times

Unread post by cage » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Hey ace, I will go read that report.
Don’t get me wrong, not saying anything is great, we were at a Z-minus, and seem to have moved to an F-plus.
Work required.
These users liked the author cage for the post:
ACE MAN

Return to “Academy & Flight Safety”