- 8000 Tousand
- Posts: 8818
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:49 pm
- Closest Airfield: FAJS
- Location: JHB INTL/Kpt Park/Rand Apt
- Has liked: 23 times
- Been liked: 120 times
hit the softest objects at the slowest possible speed
sacrifice structures to dissipate inertia
In a Super Cub, this "should" have been a "walk away" brush of the dust kind off event.
- These users liked the author Romeo E.T. for the post:
- Fife Thousand feet
- Posts: 5816
- Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:15 am
- Closest Airfield: KBDN
- Location: On perpetual standby somewhere in Oregon
- Has liked: 7 times
- Been liked: 85 times
No engine run up......fuel selector was in the off position
Engine quit at 150-250'
Conjecture from witnesses
Front seat pilot tried to turn back
Rear seat instructor tried to overide him
High nose climb attitude after rotation
Stall and impacted the ground
Absolutely avoidable. Lots of areas to land in front of the airport. It may not have been pretty to land straight ahead, but the outcome would have been survival for both.
- These users liked the author Mike Wissing for the post (total 2):
- Mouser • Ugly Duckling
C.A.P. Search and Rescue Mission Pilot - SAR Check Pilot.
Professional RV builder and company test pilot
I can't wait for computer keyboards to come out with a breathalyzer..........