GP 61cc and 123cc engines

Importers and distributors for GP Engines, Falcon Propellors, Topmodel Cz, Emcotec, Tech Aero products, MINTOR motors and Fromeco. We also stock, RCEXL products, Walbro carb Spares, Futaba and a wide variety of other products. Please visit our website at http://www.cmchobbies.co.za for details. Contact us on 033 3433388. We ship countrywide. You can also join us on Facebook and keep up to date with specials.

Moderator: CMC Hobbies

CMC Hobbies
Commercial Supporter
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

GP 61cc and 123cc engines

Unread post by CMC Hobbies » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:09 pm

guys the GP 61cc and 123cc engines are now here. Also in stock from GP are the 88c,c 88cc EVO, 176cc and 176cc EVO engines
for more info go to www.gp-engines.co.za
airframes from .50 glow up to 220cc gas, and all required accessories
Go to http://www.cmchobbies.co.za
phone - 073 5007177
email info(at)cmchobbies.co.za
zx dan
Airspeed active
Closest Airfield: Swartkop

Re: GP 61cc and 123cc engines

Unread post by zx dan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:10 am

I finally got some flying done and with 20 liters of fuel through the engine it is time to change to synthetic and do final adjustments to get it to run perfect. Not that it wasn't running perfect but I think a little less oil will clear the slight burble in the mid range, and I mean slight. I fitted the standard dump mufflers and they were tested to be 87 dB. I am not to sure about the accuracy of the measurement. From the outset this engine pulled like a horse and I expected that this was going to be the most powerful engine that I have flown in it's class. Today I can confirm that on a 28 lbs plane this engine will perform a IMAC sequence under half throttle.
From new I found the carb settings to be a little on the rich side but decided not to fiddle with that and to run some fuel through it first. The last 5 liters I started to tweak the needles a bit.
The first prop I fitted to the engine was a JXF 28 x 10. It loaded the engine a bit and performance, in my opinion was not outstanding. So I sourced a Meijlik 20 x 10 evo. This I must still run. I had a Xoar 27 x 12 in the garage and thought, why not, try it. What a pleasant surprise. Flying the plane it does not feel fast but it came alive. Up lines are a hoot, it looks like a home sick angel. Rolls and snaps in the 45 and up line is effortless and there is more than enough power to accelerate after a maneuver. The engine turns this prop at 6540 rpm static. 1460asl, 20*C.
I need to try a couple more props on the engine to form a descent opinion. On the cards are Falcon 28x9,5 , a Falcon 29x10 and Meijlik 28x10 EVO.
This is a no hassles, fit it and fly it engine, good quality with proper backup and lost of spares should you need it.
In my opinion a worth while engine for the prospective buyer at a better price than the brand names. I suppose that DLE is a brand name as well these days, but the quality of the GP is a cut above.
He who hesitates, has lost!
zx dan
Airspeed active
Closest Airfield: Swartkop

Unread post by zx dan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:24 pm

The Meijlik 28x10 EVO had it turn on my engine. I already mentioned that the 27x12 has excellent pull and that the yaw is almost not noticeable.
Bolting the 28x10 to the motor I was thinking of how this prop is going to affect the up lines and then the possibility of pulling to the left just before stalling in the vertical. I was not totally wrong, although there is a hint of pulling left when the speed bleeds of just before stalling. I must admit that it is controllable and in saying so, I am not the worlds greatest pilot.
It was very hot when I tested this prop but the GP 123 still managed a respectable 6510 rpm on my counter, which is only 30 rpm down on the 27x12 Zoar.
Pull in the up lines was good and I did not notice any difference in pulling power between the two props. The down lines were much slower though with the Meijlik. On the other hand the Meijlik started howling at just under half throttle. As can be expected the 28x10 is also a little slower than the 27x12 in a straight line.
I will gladly fly any of these two props on my plane. As for 3D, I don't that. If I want to hang around I start up my chopper.
The GP 123 now has about 25 liters of fuel through it and I have no complains to date.
Will I buy another GP 123, most definitely!! Will I recommend someone to buy one, if you don't, blame yourself for the mistake. :D
He who hesitates, has lost!
chriscvds
Tripped over wheel chock
Closest Airfield: Howick

Unread post by chriscvds » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:04 pm

what an awesome Engine :mrgreen: only had a few flights with mine :lol: and i was blown away when i saw the way the motor peformed, she runs so smooth and the response is just there =D> ive got my gp 123cc on my sebart sukoi 2.6m and we just bought another one and will be fitting that onto a Pilot Rc 100cc G-SHOCK Edge 540..i would reccomend this motor to anybody you wont be dissapointed :mrgreen: Thanks to Clive for all the help :)

Return to “CMC Hobbies”