The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Aviation chatter - For ALL Pilots and Aviation Enthusiasts

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Spice
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:53 pm
Closest Airfield: OMAA
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Spice » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 pm

Well, 12 pages of requests.

The ladies and gents that have posted requests since this thread was started, please tell us if your request was successful etc :?:
Dash 8 Q 300 Maritime Patrol Aircraft
User avatar
Deanw
Six Tousand
Six Tousand
Posts: 6502
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:37 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Deanw » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Spice wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 pm

The ladies and gents that have posted requests since this thread was started, please tell us if your request was successful etc :?:
See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144882&start=150

Short answer: Yes, many requests have been accommodated. However, aircrew do not normally reply openly on this thread, but via PM, etc.
How come every time my ship comes in I'm at the airport?

http://www.SAairforce.co.za
User avatar
FAKRMike
ATC Delay
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:04 pm
Closest Airfield: FAKR
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by FAKRMike » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi guys, flying the following this weekend...

If I can get lucky for a ride up front that would be awesome - should have my little brown book of dreams with me..

BA6219 - JNB to DUR @ 16:15
BA6222 - DUR to JNB @ 14:30

Mike
AndrewMoneron
Fuelling up
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by AndrewMoneron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 am

Spice wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 pm
Well, 12 pages of requests.

The ladies and gents that have posted requests since this thread was started, please tell us if your request was successful etc :?:
I was fortunate enough to get a half flight in the jump seat about 5 or 6 years ago. A school friend of the captains came to say hi so I offered him the jump seat for the landing. The captain, kindly offered me the jump seat when I fly back. but I was returning with a different airline.

This led to quite a funny story, just before landing and dressed in my pilots uniform, I walked out the cockpit and took a seat next to a gentleman, he gave a strange starring look. I just turned around and said, don't worry there is still someone flying the plane.... I couldn't convince myself to say... I'm on strike!

But if anyone could accommodate me again on the 8 Aug, You would be my hero.
User avatar
Spice
Fower Tousand
Fower Tousand
Posts: 4558
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:53 pm
Closest Airfield: OMAA
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Spice » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:01 pm

AndrewMoneron wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 am
Spice wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 pm
Well, 12 pages of requests.

The ladies and gents that have posted requests since this thread was started, please tell us if your request was successful etc :?:
I was fortunate enough to get a half flight in the jump seat about 5 or 6 years ago. A school friend of the captains came to say hi so I offered him the jump seat for the landing. The captain, kindly offered me the jump seat when I fly back. but I was returning with a different airline.

This led to quite a funny story, just before landing and dressed in my pilots uniform, I walked out the cockpit and took a seat next to a gentleman, he gave a strange starring look. I just turned around and said, don't worry there is still someone flying the plane.... I couldn't convince myself to say... I'm on strike!

But if anyone could accommodate me again on the 8 Aug, You would be my hero.
8) :lol:
Dash 8 Q 300 Maritime Patrol Aircraft
Hein15
Preflighting
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 pm
Closest Airfield: Lanseria
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Hein15 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

So here goes🙈 lets hope it works😂

✈️Flying Kulula Sunday the 15th of July from FAOR to FAGG
Flight number - MN905
Departing at 11:40

Busy studying for my comms and it would by highly appreciated if I can ride jumpseat
User avatar
RuanS
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 am
Closest Airfield: FACT
Location: Cape Town
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by RuanS » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:44 am

Not sure if this will work but I will put in a request anyway.
I am on a SAFAIR flight from JNB - CPT on Saturday and returning Sunday.
I would like to request an opportunity to visit the flight deck and see how it is at the business end of these big birds. Will promise to keep my yap shut.

Flight as follow:
FA200 04/08/2018 JNB-CPT Departing 05:55
FA118 05/08/2018 CPT-JNB Departing 15:50

I will bring along my brown book if it will better my chances.


Cheers,
Ruan
User avatar
Carl von Ludwig
HASSELL checks
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:13 am
Closest Airfield: FALA
Location: FALA
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Carl von Ludwig » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:43 pm

I am very fortunate, I fly as a flying groom with horses. So the best part being able to go to the cockpit and able to chat with the pilots.
So the 777-200F and A330-200F I've experienced a lot.
Being an Aircraft Maintenance engineer and PPL myself makes it even better.
Sometimes you get opportunities that combines different passions, horses, flying and Aircraft.
Guess I'm lucky!
Force no friend fear no foe.
User avatar
jimdavis
10000 and still climbing
10000 and still climbing
Posts: 16009
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:46 am
Closest Airfield: FAGG
Location: Wilderness
Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 395 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by jimdavis » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Carl von Ludwig wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:43 pm
I am very fortunate, I fly as a flying groom with horses. So the best part being able to go to the cockpit and able to chat with the pilots.
So the 777-200F and A330-200F I've experienced a lot.
Being an Aircraft Maintenance engineer and PPL myself makes it even better.
Sometimes you get opportunities that combines different passions, horses, flying and Aircraft.
Guess I'm lucky!


Do you need an assistant, Karl? :lol:

jim
"PPL Manual"
"Flight Tests"
"So Others May Live"
"Flying in Africa" Vol 1
"Flying in Africa" Vol 2
Look inside these books, or buy them at: www.jimdavis.co.za.
User avatar
Mrb13676
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 841
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm
Closest Airfield: FASY
Location: Zone outbound
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Mrb13676 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:22 am

Under the category of "if you don't ask...." Any possibility of a say hello/jumpseat op on either of these?

The Green Machine FNB-GRJ 10 Aug MN907 17h15-19h10

Orange GRJ-JNB 12 Aug JE826 14h20-16h00

TIA..
Mike
Mike Blackburn
ZU-IBM - Sling4 Turbo s/n 009
JV
Take off Clearance
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: FALA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by JV » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:54 pm

I am flying to Durbs and back on Tuesday 14 August 2018, and would be really thrilled if I could spend some time on the flight deck??

BA6201 down at 07:00 and
MN 660 back at 16:25
Jan Venter
User avatar
Can1
Frequent AvComer
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:46 pm
Closest Airfield: Pietermaritzburg
Location: Richmond KZN
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Can1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi,

My request is for a visit to the flight-deck for my grandsons.

They are 10 and 11 years old and will be traveling with mom;

Air France (AF0995) OR Tambo to Paris - Departing OR Tambo 21 September 2018
Paris(AF3620) to Atlanta - Deparing Paris 22 September 2018

Their return;

Air France(AF0681) Atlanta to Paris - Departing 2 October 2018
Paris(AF0990) to OR Tambo - Departing 3 October 2018.

To say that the oldest grandson is aviation mad would be a gross understatement.

If an Avcommer is on any of these flights and or can possible assist I'd be most grateful.

Kindest regards
Craig Ralphs
http://www.vuplexsa.co.za

Why be yourself when you can be someone really worthwhile - Richard Bandler

I'm not a complete idiot.........Some parts are still missing :wink:
Extreme
Take off Clearance
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:08 pm
Closest Airfield: Cape Town International
Location: Cape Town, Bellville
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Extreme » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:27 am

Hi there ladies and gentlemen. Hope all is well.

My request is for a jumpseat opportunity on Safair flight on the 12/10/2018 flight FA302 and on the 14/10/2018 flight FA303 if its possible please. It will really be awesome.

Thank you in advance.
Airwayfreak
1k poster
1k poster
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:56 am
Closest Airfield: FAJS
Location: Johannesburg
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Airwayfreak » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:42 am

Deanw wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:48 pm
Spice wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:33 pm

The ladies and gents that have posted requests since this thread was started, please tell us if your request was successful etc :?:
See http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic ... &start=150

Short answer: Yes, many requests have been accommodated. However, aircrew do not normally reply openly on this thread, but via PM, etc.

Also, I have noted that some requests are made for flights happening in a month to two month's time. Crew do not know what flights they are operating because their rosters are normally not made that far in advance and rostering sometimes also changes at the last moment.
Redbat
Priming
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 pm
Closest Airfield: FACT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: The airline jumpseat/flightdeck/announcement request thread

Unread post by Redbat » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:10 am

Looking for the jumpseat on FlySafair - FA 310 FACT - FALA on Wed 05/09 06:20

I'm an enthusiastic CPL. Promise not to ask a lot of q's or comment on the landing.

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Return to “General Aviation Chatter”